Christmas (Part 1)

The next morning Hermione woke up on the ground. She was about to sit up when The arm around her waist didn't let her. She then remembered what had happened. Her and Draco had decided to sleep infront of the fire last night. She looked over her shoulder and saw the Christmas tree in the corner. She tried to get up again, this time Draco woke up. "Stop Granger"He muttered, his voice husky with sleep. "Get off, I wanna see what I got"She snapped before successfully getting up. She went to the tree as Draco sat up. She looked at the tags, the first one she'd picked was for Draco. She threw it to him and picked up another present. Draco. "When did he become liked"She muttered. "I heard that"he snapped as he sat beside her. She rolled her eyes and gave him his present. After 4 more presents being addressed to Draco, she gave up. "This isn't fair"She snarled as he chuckled at her childish behaviour. He picked a present and handed it to her. "Did you mix the presents?"She asked, wondering if he put all his on top and hers at the bottom. He just flashed her a devilish smirk before turning to open his present.

The one he had given her was from Harry. She opened it and saw a little music box. She picked it up and opened it. On the lid (from the inside) was her favourite picture of her and Harry. It was one they'd taken before the second Wizarding war. She turned the lever and a beautiful tune started playing.

(That's the tune)

Draco rolled his eyes as Hermione smiled at the gift. "You Gryffindorks are too emotional" He said as Hermione nudged him with her arm.

Halfway done, Hermione got up and went to make hot chocolate. As she did, Draco took his chance and put down the little ring box beside her presents.

She returned with two mugs and handed him one. She sat down beside him and went back to opening her presents. Draco did the same but glanced over to her every few seconds to see if she saw the present.

She didn't see it till most of her presents were opened. She picked up the box and examined it. "Just open it Granger"He snapped, growing impatient. "This is from you isn't it?"She asked, smirking at him. He glared at her and she rolled her eyes. She opened the box and a little gasp escaped. She should've known it would be a ring as it was in a ring box but she didn't think he'd propose like this. It was a 10K yellow gold Grande Diamond engagement ring.

 It was a 10K yellow gold Grande Diamond engagement ring

She looked up at him. "Well?"He said, smirking at her shocked expression. "You're saying this as if I can say no"She rolled her eyes as she laughed.She took the ring out of the box and slipped it onto her finger. She looked up at him again and saw him smirking. She began to realize why he did it right in the morning. "You did this because I told you we were going to the Weasleys first"She said. "Turns out you are the brightest witch of our age"He chuckled as she glared at him.Before she could argue with him, he leaned toward her and silenced her with a kiss.

"You did this to annoy Ron"She breathed after managing to push him away. "He has to go see Pansy by the end of the month, he can't say anything because he'll be engaged as well"Draco told her. "I just realized"She said. "Your friends allowed you to go without being teased?"She asked. "I didn't tell them"He rolled his eyes. "But Luna told them two days ago after Blaise went to visit her, The letter was punishment enough, I doubt they won't do more when we return"He said. "Well get ready because I feel like going to visit Hogwarts"She said as she stood.

"You're joking"He said as he watched her magically clean up the wrapping paper. "I'm not, We have to go to see McGonagall anyways. She sent a letter yesterday telling us that all students most prove that they're engaged before the deadline"She explained. "Won't they see it when we return?"He asked as he stood up as well. "We return January the second, that's two days after the deadline, they'll make up something like we got engaged on our way back to Hogwarts"She said. He groaned as she picked up their mugs and headed to the kitchen.

So they got ready. First off was the Weasleys, then the Malfoys, then to Hogwarts. Draco was buttoning up his shirt when Hermione walked into the bedroom, wearing her long sleeved knee-length dark red dress. "It's not just us going to Hogwarts"She told him as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she stared down at the letter in her hand. "Don't tell me Weasel is coming?"He groaned. "You said it yourself, He has to propose to Parkinson by the end of the month."She said. "Ginny and Harry are coming with Luna. The four of them will go around 6"She explained. "And when will we go?"He asked. "Around 4"She shrugged. "Granger it's 10 right now, what are we gonna do for 6 hours?"He snapped. "3 hours at the Weasleys and 3 hours with your parents"She said. "Can you last 3 hours?"He asked. "Be grateful, I'm doing it for you"She snapped. He smirked at her as she rolled her eyes. They went down to the living room and cleaned up the place once more.

Hermione put her hand in his before they apparated away to the burrow. "I don't fancy being hit by Weasel again"He told her. "Don't give him a reason to"She Warned him. "Who? Me?"He asked innocently. "Please Draco, they'll blame me for bringing you"She said. He smirked at her, he was sure that was the first time she'd said his first name. She dragged him down to the door but dropped his hand before knocking. Draco looked around as The door opened. He looked back toward Hermione and saw her being embraced by Ginny. "Weaselette it's cold"He said. Ginny glared at him before releasing Hermione. "I'm sorry Malfoy had you stay in the cold"Ginny said to her. Draco glared at them as they walked in, leaving him out. He let himself in and looked around. How can they live in such place? Draco questioned.

When he walked into the living room, Hermione was currently hugging the Potter kid. He looked around. Ron was the first to see him. He made to step forward but one of redheads stopped him, he had a scar on his face and Draco managed to figure out it was Bill, the oldest Weasley. Draco nodded at him after Bill nodded to him in greeting. "Well if it isn't the ferret"Said a voice Draco had memorized well. He looked over his shoulder and saw who he supposed to be George. "Was it hard to convince Hermione to put that ring on her finger?"George asked. "Seems like you're the only one who realized"Draco commented.

Hermione sat down near the fire as Draco stood awkwardly against the wall. "Hermione is that a ring?"Ginny finally realized. "You mean you actually got engaged to him?"Ron snapped. "That's the point Ronald"Hermione said. "You didn't say anything"Ginny snapped at her. "Me and Harry were supposed to be first"she pouted. "Don't blame me, Harry's the one who was supposed to propose"Hermione as she nodded towards Harry. "But noooooooo, there's no way that Anyone will get engaged before us"Ginny snarled at Harry. "I have a question Hermione"Harry said as he glanced at Draco.

"I know this sounds crazy but did you propose to him? I mean, It's more likely then Malfoy getting down on one knee and risk getting his robes dirty"Harry told.

Draco scowled as the rest laughed. "Mind you, the apartment is clean"Draco snarled. Ron looked at Hermione. "What apartment?"Ron snapped. "The apartment he lives in"Hermione said. "Why would he propose to you there?" Ron snarled as he stood. "Because it's her home as well"Draco said. "You mean to tell me you two share an apartment!?"Ron scowled. "We didn't tell, you brought it up"Hermione said, narrowing her eyes at Ron. Ron was about to yell but Charlie spoke. "Ron sit down, it's their relationship, you have no say in it"Charlie snapped.

Ron stormed out of the living room and went to his room. "So did you propose to the ferret?"George asked, changing the subject. "I could never, he's too picky, I'd just give him a piece of parchment and tell him to make his own ring"Hermione said. "Im picky? You got a smudge on a letter you were sending and threw it out the whole parchment!"Draco said. "You should see her when she finds a dent in her books"Ginny said,earning a hit to the head.

"I am not that picky!" Hermione snapped. "Hermione,trust me,you are"Harry said. "You're supposed to make fun of ferret, not me!" Hermione pouted. "Way to throw me under the bus"Draco rolled his eyes.