Chapter Two

~*~

~*~

He is, perhaps, one of the most strangest bounty hunters she's ever met.

He's one of the first few that actually cared about their way of life, and out of all the ones she's seen as a child, none had truly cared about her or Kuiil enough to stick around for long, or were ever seen or heard from again. But, like the other bounty hunters they've met, he isn't that much of a talker; speaking short answers and getting straight to the point.

She moves closer towards the tent to hear their conversation, wiping the brown jar she's holding that she had used for the bluurgs' food with a rag.

"Many have passed through," Kuiil says, lifting a pitcher from the kitchen table, "They all seek the same as you."

"Did you help them?" The Mandalorian asks softly.

"Yes," Kuiil nods, as he pours himself, and their new guest a glass of water.

"What happened to them?"

"They all died."

If the Mandalorian was startled by Kuiil's bluntness, he couldn't show it. His helmet kept his facial expressions guarded. He must be a great bluffer, she supposes as she takes a good look at him from the flap.

"Well, I don't know if I want your help."

"You do," Kuiil reminds him softly. "I can help you get to the encampment."

"What's your cut?"

"Half."

"Half of the bounty?" The Mandalorian asks with skepticism, "Seems steep."

"No," Kuiil shakes his head, and points towards where the blurrgs were all still resting. "Half of the blurrg I've helped you capture."

"You can keep them both."

"You need one to ride," Kuill insists, "it's impossible to get around without one."

"I dont know how to ride a blurrg."

"I have spoken," Kuill says with a half hearted glare.

And with that, she has a feeling their conversation is over, so she moves away from the flap; her mind still processing everything that happened. Dessa shakes her head, and moves closer to the blurrg nearest her, the one that they'd just caught thanks to the Mandalorian. Her ears pick up the sound of footsteps crunching softly against the sand. Speaking of ... her lips twitch up at his loud presence.

The Mandalorian approaches with caution, eyeing the blurrg she's petting with such distrust that she nearly laughs at how easy the emotion was visible underneath all that armor.

"He tell you that you need to ride one?" She tries to make conversation with him now that she knows he'll be staying with them for a while, or at least until he repairs his ship.