Chapter Eleven

~*~

~*~

Unfortunately, she didn't get to fly very long, because she is right back to where she started: sitting beside him in the co pilot's seat.

"I'm sorry, okay?" She huffs, after an awkward silence between them. "I forgot that switch was going to lead us into hyperspace!"

"The asteroid belt was a bit much," he says dryly.

"I got us through it with no problem, didn't I?" She asks, folding her arms across her chest childishly.

"The kid flew out of his seat a few times," he argues.

"And that wasn't my fault," she reminds him. "you should have put a seatbelt on him before we left."

"I was too busy helping you get out of the asteroid belt!"

"Next time take better care of your child."

"Next time I'm driving!"

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

The child cooes happily, and they both look down to find it sitting comfortably in between them, and startles them both into silence.

"Maybe next time we'll start you off small," Mando sighs with exhaustion, hand pressed against his helmet as he leans over the dashboard, "like with a speed biker or something."

"That would be best, yeah," she agrees, more calmly, and aware of the child present.

"And now we're in the middle of nowhere," he comments, glancing over the blank map.

Something slams into the ship, rocking it violently back and forth. They both cry out in surprise at the movement and the blaring alarms.

"Looks like someone found us in the middle of nowhere," she says, glancing over at the red flashes of light above them nervously.

"Kriff!" Mando mutters under his breath.

"Another member of that club of yours?" Dessa asks.

"Yeah, you could say that," he groans. "hope you're prepared for a fight."

"No, not really," she admits.

"Looks like we're in for a fight either way," Mando lets out a groan of frustration as he continues to mess with the switches around him,"I'm gonna see if I can make him lose his trail."