A New Family

****a year later****

Lately, I've been living in the adoption house for a year. School's much better without riding with my birth parents. Ms. Hiliker's an amazing lady. She'd help me with my homework and let me watch TV till 10:00. I hung out with some kids here. They're really great. They wouldn't be the kids who are mean because their real parents didn't care for them. I befriended one kid named William. We'd be so playful even in school. We done everything together. Do homework, play-Doh, do silly pranks and write fun drawings. I shared a bedroom with two girls while he had a bedroom with three boys. Nobody has came to adopt me. I'm a little hopeful but I won't get my hopes up too high. We were in my room, playing ball. We dribbled the ball and tossed it toward our other friend, Paola. She caught the ball and toss it back. The ball fell on my foot. I yelped and grabbed it. They laughed. I laughed as well. Luckily, my foot was alright. We continued playing ball till Ms. Hiliker walked in. She smiled. "Kids! Line up with the rest!" She said. I knew what she meant. The kids line up when two parents want to adopt. They'd line up for them to pick which kid to keep. William dropped the ball as we raced out of the room. In the living room, we lined up next to more kids. Two parents were talking to Ms. Hiliker. The lady was blonde and beautiful. She had blonde curls and rosy lips. The man next to her wore a suit and smiled nicely toward the kids. William looked at me. "Who's gonna get picked?" He whispered. Paola shrugged. My attention laid on them talking. Soon the lady's eyes diverted to me. She smiled and waved. I smiled and waved shyly. She talked with her husband. They soon laid eyes on me. He smiled at me. I giggled and returned the gesture. Ms. Hiliker broke the chatting between us.
"Alright, kids! This is Mr. and Mrs. Morris." She said. "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Morris." We said in unison. Mr. Morris smiled. "Hello kids!" He said. Mrs. Morris still had her eyes on me. Why was she staring? What did I do? She whispered in Ms. Hiliker's ear. "Do you think they're talking about you?" Paola whispered. I shrugged. "I don't know." I whispered. They ended their whisper conversation. We waited patiently for who they'll pick to adopt. Mr. Morris bent down to my height. He twirled a piece of my hair. I giggled. "What's your name, sweetie?" He asked. I fiddled with my fingers shyly. "Bella." I told him. Mrs. Morris caressed my hair. "That's a beautiful name." She said. I smiled. Paola and William were in shock. Not more than myself. I was picked. I'm gonna be adopted by a real family. "We'll meet after two months for inspection to see how things are." Ms. Hiliker said. They nodded. "Go pack your bags, Bella." She told me. I nodded and made a beeline to my room. I excitingly grabbed my suitcases and stuffed my things in. I'll finally have a real home! Though being with William here made it feel like a home. I heard a sniffle. I turned to see him walking in with tears. "What's wrong, Will?" I asked. He sniffled and wiped his eyes. "After two months, you won't be here anymore and I'll be alone. You're the bestest friend I ever have. Who will I play ball with?" He said. I sighed. "Don't you remember? We said once we're both adopted, we could go to school and still be together. A family will still come for you, William and me too." I said. We both hugged. I shedded a few tears. I'll miss him like crazy. There's nobody but him I could goof around with. We parted. Mr. Morris walked in. He smiled. "May I help with your bags?" He asked. I nodded, smiling. He chuckled and grabbed the suitcases. We shared one more hug before we left the room. Another family came in. Two parents with brown hair and blue eyes. Overall, they looked really nice. The kids lined up again. Mrs. Morris took my hand as we got to the door. The other parents were talking to William. He saw me and waved. I waved back and left. I just know we'll see each other again. I know it.

*****

I didn't know I would spend two months being with Mr. and Mrs. Morris. They told me in the car. I wanted to listen to music so they turned on the radio. They danced and playfully sung which made me laugh. I couldn't contain them till I got hungry. They pulled up at McDonalds and I had a happy meal. We came across the household. It looked really pretty. My jaw dropped. "Do you like it?" Mr. Morris asked. I quickly nodded. Mrs. Morris laughed. "You'll be very happy to meet your sibling." He said, carrying my bags. Sibling?! Yay! I'll finally have a brother or sister! I cheered a little loud. They both laughed. We got to the doorstep and Mrs. Morris knocked. It opened, revealing a blonde older lady. She's really beautiful like her. They greeted and her eyes diverted to me. She smiled widely and hugged me. I hugged back. "Hi cutie! What's your name?" She asked. "Bella." I said. We walked in and closed the door. She looked at me in awe. "Hi Bella, I'm your grandma! It's so nice to meet you." She said. I smiled. "You too." I said. Mrs. Morris held my hand. "I want you to meet someone." She said. Who? Is it my new sibling? We walked upstairs to a bedroom and saw a boy play action figures. He had blonde hair and brown eye. Next to him was a skinny boy with Afro hair and blue eyed. "I'll put these in your new room." Mr. Morris said. I nodded. Mrs. Morris smiled. "Zack, baby." She called. He looked at his mom and smiled. "Mommy!" He said. He got off the bed and hugged her. She hugged back. They parted. Grandma got ahold of my shoulders gently. "Zack, this is Bella. She's your little sister." She introduced. I waved shyly. He smiled. "Hi!" He said. I giggled. "Hi." I said. "Wanna play action figures with me and Screech?" He asked. That must be his name. I smiled. "Ok!" I said. We raced back in his room. Mrs. Morris and grandma laughed. I said hello to Screech and we played with their action figures. We played for an hour. Mrs. Morris helped me unpack my bags. My room had walls painted blue. I liked blue! Zack, Screech and I watched TV in my room. We then did more games. He pulled out a board game called Twister. Our bodies collided, keeping hands and feet on colors. It was so funny! We ended up falling on each other and laughing. Mommy walked in. Oh, I just called her mommy! I want her to be my mommy! I want Zack to be my brother. She smiled. "Kids, come downstairs for dinner." She said. We looked at each other and smiled. "Yay!" We cheered. We came downstairs to the living room. Mom gave us plates of food. We sat on the dinner table together and began eating. Zack and Screech playfully threw food at each other. I covered my face to not get hit. "Hey! Boys, stop!" Dad said, sternly. They stopped food throwing. I smirked and sneakily flicked a piece on Zack's cheek. Screech chuckled. He smiled deviously and flicked some back. I laughed.

Soon we began round 2 of the food fight. Dad was becoming annoyed. Mom playfully rolled her eyes and chuckled. We laughed as food got on our shirts and faces. A snap was heard. Mom snapped a picture from her phone. Ugh, no pictures. Me and Zack groaned. "No pictures, mommy." We whined. Their eyes widened, looking at me. Dad smiled in shock. "Bella, did you say...mommy?" He asked. I quickly nodded. Mom smiled and cheered happily. "Who am I?" He asked. I chuckled. "Daddy." I said. He covered his mouth in shock. I want them to be my mommy and daddy. I want Zack to be my brother. "And who is he?" Mom asked, pointing at Zack. I smiled. "My brother." I told him. They smiled and clapped for me. I giggled. Zack accidentally flicked his plate onto my whole clothes. All their jaws dropped. "Zack!" Mom yelled. I growled at him. He smiled innocently. "Oops." He said. "You did it on purpose!" I said. He stuck his tongue at me. "No I didn't!" He said. Screech shrugged and did the same to himself. Dad huffed and got up from the table. Mom grabbed towels and wiped my shirt and pants. She cleaned Screech's too. Zack and I stuck tongues at each other. "Zack, you apologize to your sister or have a time out." Dad said in a serious tone. He sighed sadly. "I'm sorry Bella." He said. I smiled. "It's ok." I said. He hugged me. I hugged back. "I'm sorry too!" Screech said, joining the hug. We shared confusion which left mom chuckling. "Let's clean up and have a movie night!" Dad said. We cheered and danced around. Zack picked me up and playfully spun me around. They laughed.

*****

Mom cleaned us up and we had a family movie night. We watched Disney movies. Me, Screech and Zack liked Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl. I pretended to be Lavagirl, Zack was Sharkboy, Screech was Max. We ordered pizza and had soda. I had so much fun! My parents talked about adopting me which made me so happy. We played till Screech's mom came and he left. I became really tired. Zack and I fell asleep in mom and dad's laps. They smiled and carried us to bed. I got under the blankets and laid my head on the pillow. Mom kissed my cheek. "Goodnight babygirl." She said, smiling. I smiled sleepily. "Night mommy." I said. After 2 months, I'm adopted into the Morris family.