Reunited with Paola

The fishing trip was so much fun. Just like old times we had there. Luckily, we pranked Dad again by jumping out of the boat. The others understood we spent time with him. Today was now Sunday. I was in my room, reading my book. If you're asking, it's not a textbook. Zack walked in. He rolled his eyes. "Seriously?" He said. I looked up from the book. "What?" I said. "You're gonna read a book all day?" He asked. I shrugged. "Not really." I said. He smiled. "Let's go to the Max!" He said. I nodded and closed the book. I rolled out of bed to get dressed. "Mom, we're going to the Max!" Zack yelled. "K, honey!" She yelled back. We came downstairs and left the house.

We were walking on the sidewalk. Zack potentially tried to annoy me to oblivion. The whole time I huffed and rolled my eyes till I bumped into this person. Her books dropped. My jaw dropped. "I'm so sorry!" I said. She nodded her head no. "It's my fault." She said. Zack smiled dashingly. "You have to excuse my sister. She's a little clumsy." He said. I scoffed. "Says the guy who bumped his head in the playground." I said. We both chuckled. She smiled, holding her books tight. "I'm Paola." She said. Paola? That name sounds familiar. I smiled a bit. "Bella and this is my brother Zack." I said. She looked at me weirdly. "You remind me of someone..." She said. I nodded. "You too." I said. Zack was confused. "How? Did you guys knew each other?" He asked. My eyes widened. I gasped. "Paola?" I said. She smiled widely. "Bella?" She said. I quickly nodded. We screamed and hugged each other. Paola was my best friend in adoption besides William. They've been there for me since I got adopted. We used to go to JDK Junior High through 10 to 12 years old before I transferred to Bayside. Her eyes diverted to Zack. She smiled in remembrance. "Hey Zack! It's me, Paola from JFK High?" She said. He finally understood what she meant. "Oh, hey Paola!" He said. They hugged. I laughed. "You look amazing!" I said. She nodded. "So do you. It's hard to be like Bella Morris." She said, jokingly. I chuckled. Zack scoffed. "It's hard to be Zack Morris." He said. We playfully rolled our eyes. "We were going to the Max. Wanna come?" I said. She smiled. "Sure!" She said. We continued our walk to the Max. I wonder how William been.

*****

At the Max, we talked and rekindled our friendship. I haven't seen her in two years and I'm glad we have now. Screech joined and remembered Paola. I should let Lisa know too. She smiled. "Guess what?" She asked. "What?" We asked. "I'm now going to Bayside!" She said. I cheered and hugged her. Zack smiled. "That's great, Paola!" He said. I breathed a breath of relief. "I'm so glad Zack won't annoy me to oblivion on every sidewalk." I joked. He stuck his tongue at me. Paola and Screech laughed. I cleared my throat. "Um...how's William?" I asked. She looked at me in awe. "How's him?" I asked. "Who's William?" Zack asked. "Zack, it's the same guy you kept telling to stay away from Bella because he always sweet-talking her." Screech said. Paola chuckled. He looked at him in annoyance. "I'm sure he's ok. My last year at JFK High was when I was 14. He was really sad when you left." She said. I sighed sadly. "I hope he doesn't hate me." I muttered. She patted my shoulder. "Aww Bels, it's not your fault. I'm sure he's not mad anymore." Zack said. I sighed. "I hope so." I mumbled. Max came with me and Paola's drinks. I drank as we continued reconnecting with her.

We were back in our house and Zack was in his room with Screech. Paola was in mine's. She smiled. "So, any classes you signed up for? I'm thinking of cheerleading." She said. I chuckled.
"I'm only in music period." I told her. She smiled. "That's cool! Maybe I could sign up and we'd do a duet." She said. My jaw dropped. "You...got pipes?" I asked. Paola nodded, getting up from the bed. "Have you wrote any song? Or we'll sing a cover?" She asked. I smiled and pulled out a blue book titled 'Live, Love & Laugh. "Some songs I written in this book. I'm sure we could sing one of them for two people." I said. She nodded in understanding. I opened the book to page 5 where it's titled Closer To Me. It's kinda personal because I wrote about my certain friendship with somebody. Maybe...more than that. I skipped the page to where it's titled 'Light it Up'. She studied the lyrics. She smiled. "The lyrics are so good! This is great for two girls." She said. I nodded in agreement. I shoved the book in the shelf. "Let's watch some flicks!" I suggested. She nodded. "I'll get popcorn." I said, making my way downstairs. I didn't notice Zack following behind. We both grabbed popcorn packets and opened the microwave. We made eye contact and growled. "Move, I'm making popcorn!" Zack said. I fake laughed. "That's funny because I'm making popcorn for me and Paola." I said. We gruntled at each other and began fighting over the microwave. I shoved him to the ground and threw my packet inside. I pressed the time to two minutes. Zack got up and growled. "You are going down." He growled through gritted teeth. I laughed. "Bring it, blondie!" I said. Our eyes stayed contact as we began our Morris vs. Morris war.

*****

"Guys, what's going on?" We heard Paola. She came downstairs with Screech and their jaws dropped. We had cake powder, whip cream and juice on our hairs and clothes. I huffed. "Feel free to have some cake." I said sarcastically. Screech took a piece of popcorn off Zack's hair and ate it. He smiled. "Yummy! Your gel perfectly mixes with caramel!" He said. Zack rolled his eyes. Paola and I looked at him in disgust. Well, welcome back Paola.