See You Again

Me and Zack said goodbye to everyone and came home. I took a shower and changed to my pjs. I climbed under the blankets and sighed. The performing took much out of me. I turned off my bedroom light and fell in a deep sleep. My alarm clock buzzed and I groaned, shutting it off. I rolled out of bed and did my morning routine. Zack was fixing his hair in the bathroom. All my thoughts were suddenly about William. I'm always wondering where he is and how is he with his new family. We've had really great times at JFK High and it makes me really miss him. Did I say that? Yup. The memories flooded my brain, making sigh sadly. Zack looked at me. "You ok, Bels?" He asked. I snapped out of my thoughts. "Yes I'm good." I said. We left the bathroom and heard mom's voice. "Cmon, kids! You can't be late to school!" She yelled. We rushed downstairs and grabbed breakfast. He made cereal while I ate an apple and banana. She chuckled. I looked at her. "What?" I said. "Always happens. You two rush down here and eat at the same time. You're like twins." She said. We both rolled our eyes. "We're not twins." We said in unison. She smirked, leaving the kitchen. We looked at each other weirdly. "That was awkward." I muttered. "I know." He said. We came upstairs to get our backpacks. I stuffed my books inside and raced downstairs. Zack followed behind. A car honk was heard. Screech's mom was picking us up, including Paola. "Bye mom!" We yelled. "Bye!" She yelled back. We left the house and got in the car. I smiled and fist bumped Paola. I was in the back with Zack and Screech. She drove off till she bumped into a neighbor's trash can. Our jaws dropped. Mrs. Powers smiled nervously. "Oops, sorry kids." She said. Zack sighed. "Remind us to keep 911 on dial." He whispered in his ear. He quickly nodded.

At school, I put my books away and pulled out my English notebook. I was chatting with Jessie and Lisa till Kelly arrived with a big grin. "Guys, I have something to tell you." She said. The boys and Paola joined the conversation. "What? Is it that you love me?" Zack teased. She playfully rolled her eyes. I smirked. "Is it that you need brain surgery?" I teased. Slater shared a chuckle with Paola. He stuck his tongue at me. "My brother is a new student at Bayside. He's my age and I can't wait for you guys to meet him!" She said. Zack was confused. "I thought I met all your brothers, Kelly?" He said. She sighed. "You haven't seen much of my brother William. He's actually adopted and enrolled here." She told him. I'm sorry, his name is William...and he's adopted?! Me and Paola shared shocked looks. I cleared my throat. "I'm sorry, your brother's name is William and he's adopted? For real?" I asked. She quickly nodded. Paola smiled nervously. "Does he happen to have brown eyes and really good black hair?" She asked. Kelly giggled. "It's funny. It sounds like you guys know him." She said. Screech scoffed. "Are you kidding? Bella's been friends with him forever and we went to the same school, JFK High!" He said. I huffed. Zack almost hit him till I grabbed his shoulder. Lisa raised an eyebrow. "Wait, he's the William who always talk about how amazing Bella is?" She asked, smiling. Paola whispered in her ear. She looked at me in awe. "So cute!" She said. I rolled my eyes. Kelly smiled. "He'd always tell me about some girl but I didn't know it was you." She said. Slater smirked. "Did he liked you?" He asked. I laughed nervously. "Nope, no way! We were 11 and acting crazy! We were young." I said. Jessie smiled. "When he's coming here?" She asked. A sound of a locker closed and our attention laid on a boy with smooth dark hair, dreamy brown eyes and pink lips. He was absolute perfect. The same face I remembered from a younger age. He never changed that face. Kelly smiled and waved. "William!" She called. He looked up from a book and smiled. My knees began to weaken. My arms felt a little cold. I haven't seen William in two years and I've finally see him. He made his way over here. "This is my friends! I'm sure you remembered some from JFK High." She said. I couldn't believe my eyes. William is here and he's Kelly's brother. Technically, William Kapowski. He looked at Lisa and Paola, smiling. "Hey, Lisa and Paola!" He said. Paola smiled and hugged him. He hugged back. "Boy, we haven't seen you forever. How you been?" Lisa asked. He chuckled. "Fine I'm good. I'm glad I'm in a school where I know a few people." He said. We shared laughs. Slater smiled and shook hands with him. "Sup, I'm Slater." He said. "I'm Jessie." She said. William smiled and greeted them. His eyes diverted to me, Zack and Screech. Mostly me. His jaw dropped. There was an awkward silence between us. Lisa smirked. "William, do you remember Bella?" She asked. I caressed my hair shyly. He cleared his throat. "Yeah. I do." He simply said. I sighed. "Hey, Will." I said. He smiled sweetly. "Bels." He whispered. I felt an arm wrapped around my neck. Zack. I groaned. He fake smiled. "Remember me?" He asked. William slightly chuckled. "Yes. Great to see you, Zack and Screech." He said. I wish this awkwardness would end and we'll be closer again. "It's been a long time." I said. He nodded in agreement. "I know." He said. The bell ranged. I closed my locker. "What class you have, William?" Slater asked. "English." He said. Lisa smirked. "Cool. That's what we have." She said, nudging my arm. I looked down shyly. Paola giggled. "Let's go." She said. We came to English period and walked in the classroom. I found my original seat. Someone cleared their throat. I turned to see William behind Paola. We locked eyes and shared quiet laughs. I smiled and kept my eyes on the notebook. Paola smirked. "This will be a long period." She whispered.