Breaking Up is Hard to Undo

Morning classes went by fast and we're officially at the Max for lunch. Not all of us though. Just me and William, Zack and Kelly, Slater and Jessie. Basically everyone with their partner. Thoughts about my nightmares somehow kept bothering me. William's the only person besides Zack who makes me forget all my problems. I fiddled with my bracelet and sighed sadly. His arm was wrapped around my waist. His hands massaged mine. "You ok?" He asked. I looked up and fake smiled. "Yeah, just thinking." I told him. He smirked. "About what? Your cotton-candy boy?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. My cheeks burned very red. "Oh stop! You practically been in my mind since thirteen." I said. We chuckled and he kissed my cheek. Our attention laid on Jessie and Slater being lovey-dovey. Honestly, they're really cute together and it's obvious they're right for each other. I continued eating as they shared a milkshake with two straws. Classic date food. Zack turned to Kelly. "Kelly, you realize we've been going steady for sixty-eight days, fourteen hours and thirty-seven minutes?" He asked. She checked her wristwatch. "Thirty-eight minutes, Zack. But then again who's counting?" She said, snuggling to his chest. They smiled to each other. William caressed my hair. I looked at him confusedly. "One beautiful girl with a beautiful smile." He whispered in my ear. I madly blushed. "William Kapowski." I whispered. He hid a chuckle. Jessie smiled. "Do you like the shake, Slater?" She asked. Slater smirked. "I like it when you shake, mama." He flirted. Our eyes widened. She madly blushed. "And I can't wait for the next earthquake." He said. She couldn't stop blushing which made me laugh. "Slater, you're making me blush!" Jessie squealed. He shrugged. "Hey, if I wanna make you blush I'd call- he was cut off when she covered his mouth. "Don't you dare." She giggled. He smiled. "Honey lips." He finished. "Who are you guys trying to kick? You've been going out since the prom." Zack added. "Yeah, everybody knows it. Why don't you make it official?" Kelly agreed. I laughed. "Ain't that cool, mama?" I joked. Zack and William chuckled. "Well Slater and I feel that being stuck in an anonymous relationship is restricted and possessive." Jessie explained. Slater quickly nodded. "Yeah what she said. Me too." He agreed. I knew he didn't understand that whole speech altogether. I playfully rolled my eyes. Kelly smiled at Zack. "Well I like a touch of a familiar hand, secure feeling of being with somebody I trust and has beautiful hazel eyes." She said, holding his hand. He returned the gesture. William chuckled. "First, I'm sure that came from Shakespeare." He joked. The guys laughed. Kelly sighed and rolled her eyes.
Me and Jessie giggled. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Bella, your hands, your feet, your humor, your beauty, your kindness and your love keeps me on the ground. A beautiful angel that flies out to me." He said. He smiled and kissed my hand. I madly blushed. Everyone looked at us in awe. "Aww, you're so sweet." I said softly. He rubbed my hair and rubbed my hands warmly. "Let me tell you these beautiful hazel eyes are late for Geometry, let's go." Zack said as they slid out of their seats. I nodded. "Us too, bye guys!" I said. "Bye!" Jessie and Slater said. "See you later!" Zack said. We got up and followed behind back to school.

After class, I sat on the staircase and drew one picture on my notebook. One of a jar and yellow fireflies coming out of it in the moonlight. Thoughts from last night returned to my mind. Why this feels hard? I know why. I've never told William my birth parents hurt me physically and emotionally. We knew Paola since we were younger but I knew Will more than anybody else. We promised to never keep secrets but the truth is...nobody knows. "Oh, Bella!" A voice called. Kelly, Jessie and Lisa came beside me on the staircase. I looked up and waved. "Wait a minute, is the gossip really true? Are you and Slater dare I say the word a couple?" Lisa asked, smiling. Jessie blushed and smiled. "Well yeah. Kinda sorta." She said. I laughed alongside Kelly. It feels good that whenever I'm around my friends, all I do is smile and it's important to. On cue, Slater and Screech joined. "Did you hear the news? Jessie and Slater are a couple." Lisa told Screech. He was confused. "Couple of what?" He asked. I looked down and chuckled. "That's not what she meant." I said. Lisa sighed. "Screech, they're in love! Stop and smell the roses." She said. "Oh I smelt the roses once and the bee flew up my nose." He added. We rolled our eyes. "Why don't you guys celebrate this Saturday night?" Kelly suggested. He nodded, turning to Jessie. "Hey, you up for it mama?" He asked. She sighed happily. "Anytime for you. Let's decide where we wanna go." She said. Slater nodded. "K, let's go." He told her. The bell rung and we took off to next period. An arm wrapped around my neck. I smirked, knowing who it is. "What about me?" William asked, pouting. I sighed and walked in the classroom. We grabbed our seats next to each other. I stayed focused on the assignment and tried not to think about my nightmares. Soon the whole room disappeared as it triggered my dark thoughts.