Is the Void Really that Bad?

Marvin stared down at the shivering ego on the floor, completely taken aback on his actions. He had never seen Anti like this. No one had.

Jackie bent down on his knees in front of Anti, "Anti, hey Anti, it's okay n-now" even the hero's voice quivered a bit, "Open your eyes, kid. Come on"

But what they didn't know was that Anti couldn't really hear them. All he heard was a loud high pitched ring in his ear, similar to the noise that would come about when Dark showed up. It was so loud, he thought he was still in the darkness.

"I'll be good. Please" he whispered and Jackie nearly choked at the words. Finally, the hero shook Anti hard, making the glitch suddenly jerk and shout, flinging himself backwards.

He opened his eyes to the bright light in the room but immediately had to shut them again but it wasn't any better. The darkness he saw behind his eyelids scared him again and he started blinking rapidly, panicking.

Marvin could see this and quickly went to dim the lights in the room, "Hey, easy there, Anti. Just breathe, alright? You're okay now"

He still shivered and blinked fast over and over again but slowly he started to realize his whereabouts and calmed a little.

After a few moments, he was able to finally keep his eyes open but couldn't stop shaking. The ringing in his ears started to fade.

"Anti . . . " Jackie started.

"No" he croaked out, interrupting him, "Y-you. . . . why?"

"Anti, we're sorry" Marvin stepped in, "I . . .I didn't know it would be like that. I thought. . . I'm sorry"

A few more moments went by until Anti finally spoke again a little more clearly, "G-give me my power back"

"I don't think-"

"Just do it, Marv" Jackie intercepted, "Sean will understand. Anti didn't deserve this"

The glitch didn't say a word and as Marvin cast him his power back, he merely glitched out of the room to his own, desperate to get away from the awkward situation.

"Should we call Sean again?" Marvin asked, "He's gonna find out anyways"

"Nah" Jackie shook his head, "It's too late at night. We'll let him know in the morning."

"Should we try and go after Anti, you think?"

"Not sure. Maybe just give him some space for now. Hopefully he'll feel better in the morning"

"Alright . . .. you go get yourself some sleep, Jackie. You did good. You were right, Anti didn't deserve that. We should have known better where we were sending him beforehand."

"Hey don't blame yourself, Marv" Jackie pat his shoulder, "It's not on you. It's mostly Sean's fault . . . and mine. We all should have heard him out before accusing and punishing him so quickly. I'll see you in the morning, man"

"Yeah .. . . see ya"

Meanwhile with Anti, the glitch fell onto his bed, trying desperately to calm his shaking. He felt as if his whole body would convulse in on itself.

He was relieved to be out of that dark void but he was also confused. How long had it been? Why did Marvin and Jackie look so worried about him? Did Sean tell them to let him out? Why had he acted so weak?!

He shut his eyes tight but quickly reopened them when he was met with darkness. Gritting his teeth, he focused his energy and forced his light to turn on in the room, bathing it with a bright glow.

'Fucking darkness. Not gonna take me again, I won't let it. I'll never go back. Never. Please don't put me back' his thoughts were a jumbled mess and he hugged himself as he laid on his side in the bed, his knees to his chest. He felt like a child. So afraid of the dark.