For His Little Girl

Henrik wasn't actually sleeping in his room. He couldn't. 

Every time he slept, he'd dream of his little girl and it tore him apart. 

Everyone knew of what had happened and they had given him space but now after almost two years, they have seemed to move on. Even his ex-wife and son somewhat. But not him.

Never him.

The good doctor could see all the math in his head still from last night. He was so close to figuring it out and he'd never quite.

Anti was the key. He'd go to Dark but he didn't trust him as far as he could throw him. Plus what he had heard him say that one night when they were all gathered on the rooftop of the clock tower was still in his head.

Flashback

Dark just stood there but his shock had faded and he breathed a deep sigh, "You lot sent him into the void . . . . .didn't you?"

They all made it up to the roof as well and the doctor rushed over to Anti, "Anti! My friend, are you alright?! Open your eyes, lad!"

Sean covered his mouth, unsure of how to react to Anti's state. He had never seen him like this before. He felt horrible.

Dark's growl alerted Sean and he looked over at him, "Of all the things you could have done to him, sending him to the void was the LAST thing I expected from you. Even I wouldn't send anyone there alone. Congratulations, Sean McLoughlin. You made me actually pity the glitch."

With that, Dark was gone in an instant, leaving the Septic egos on their own to try and help Anti.

End of Flashback

'Even Dark would never send anyone into the void alone. Which means I can't be alone. If I have to, I will but . . . . we'll see. Anti has agreed with the experiment even though he does not know vhat it entails. We'll see'

He was hoping Anti would help. He was more compliant than ever and at the party, he seemed to like the kids somewhat. It's just that the next time there was trouble, there wasn't anything anyone could do.

There was nothing any of them could have done to save poor Olivia.

But then a certain Iplier planted a thought into his head when he was at his darkest moment in life.

Flashback

Dr. Iplier handed Henrik another cup of coffee, trying not to startle him. The Septic doctor had been going in a downward spiral for weeks but this was the icing on the cake.

Henrik and his wife's arguments grew in number about him working too much and missing so much to do with his own family. And then after the party, she wanted to move away from all the egos, fearing for her family's safety. She threatened him with divorce at the time. But now his own daughter's death. . . .  

"You know. . . ." Dr. Iplier pat his shoulder, "Uh. . .there could be a chance. We egos have a certain quality that allows us to survive most things any other human wouldn't be able to."

Henrik slowly looked over at the other doctor, his scowl apparent, "I do not vant to hear your words, Iplier. Do not give me hope. She is already dead" his voice cracked at the last sentence.

"What I mean is. . . she was your daughter. Maybe a certain part of her carried on? Dark said that the void has special properties, too, but for some reason it only applies to us egos. I'm just saying. Maybe there's a chance her soul is still out there looking over you? I'm not religious but it's a theory"