Spoiled, Anxious & Afraid

Anti didn't dream that night. The only thing he could faintly feel was Chase's hand on his foot, holding onto him as if anchoring him. The glitch couldn't explain it but he felt protected. He had no reason to feel that way around Chase but it was nice. . . while it lasted.

He really wasn't aware of the darkness around him. For him, it only lasted a split second before he was awake again. 

Anti didn't waste time opening his eyes wide but he regretted it immediately, the morning light burning his retinas. He blinked rapidly and thought about what happened last night.

He hadn't slept in days, really, so this sleep he had with Chase at his side really helped. But he'd never admit it.

"Awake, finally, huh?"

Anti quickly looked over to see Chase still there. He had bags of his own under his eyes now and they were bloodshot red from staying awake. . .  and crying here and there but Anti didn't know that. Why would Chase cry for him?

"You . . . . you stayed" he sat up and looked down to see Chase's hand still on his foot.

The father figure smiled, "Of course I did, bro. I swore to you I would. I'd never break a promise like that, dude." he pat his foot playfully, "Speaking of promises. You hungry?"

Anti's stomach growled at the question but e wouldn't answer, still a little weary of trusting him.

"I DID say I'd make you your favorite meal, did I not? You haven't eaten in a while, ya twig." he stood up, cracking his back as he did so with a groan before smiling at Anti once more, "Well? You got an appetite ready for me, brat?"

Anti gulped but slowly got out of bed, "I gotta. . .  go to the bathroom first"

"Alright" Chase's face turned serious, "Leave the door open"

Chase knew all too well what someone was capable of when on their own like that. And especially after going through what he did. Chase wasn't taking any chances. Anti gave him a look but refrained from arguing.

'Must still be tired. Not yet up to his usual fire'

A minute later, Anti was done but grunted softly, "I gotta take a shower and whatever so . . ."

"Nah don't worry about that just yet, brat!" Chase wasn't letting be alone just yet. Not yet.

"I'm gonna spoil ya today! Just be lazy! Alright?" he flipped his hat off and flopped it on Anti's own head. The glitch grimaced at the action in embarrassment but made no move to remove it.

"Come on. We'll go down to the kitchen and cook up a feast. How's that sound? I'll make your favorites"

Anti shrugged but was dragged off with Chase into the kitchen and that's when he realized what time it was. Marvin was in the living room with Jameson as usual in the afternoon hours. Jackie and Schneep weren't around so Anti assumed they were off at work. Chase's hand on his back brought him out of his thoughts.

"Let's see here. What we got?" he walked them to the fridge and cupboards and scavenged around until he smirked, "Ahhh! Here we go! How about Mac n' Cheese, fried chicken and pizza?"

Anti just stared at him in bewilderment, "Uh . . .w̶h̸-̴w̸h̸a̸t̶?̴ Chase. . . .I just woke up. I don't think. . .  especially not that much"

Chase shrugged, "How about fried chicken and waffles then? Then later we could order out some pizza and wings, huh?"

Anti shrugged, still VERY awkward with the whole interaction. Chase smiled, though, "Go ahead and take a seat at the table, kid" he took his hat back and placed it on his own head backwards, "I'll get cooking"