Will He Listen?

Mark stretched at his computer, yawning. He finally got everything back to normal with his computer after Anti's 'run-through'. He understood that it was actually Dark's doing the plan wouldn't have worked without Anti's help. Luckily the glitch had stopped in time and left but it was still a pain to deal with.

Once Mark found out that Anti got through because of Google, he took out ALL of his cameras that connected through Bluetooth. He wasn't going to let them spy on him anymore.

And then he did possibly the most stupid thing he could ever do. He actually WENT to Raspy Hill. Thankfully, Dark wasn't there but at first, the other egos seemed weary of him, obviously having been told something different about him.

Amy had told Mark not to go but he was glad that he did. It gave him the chance to actually connect with his egos. He wasn't like Sean where he kept tabs on all of them all the time. Dark had gotten into most of their heads by now, making them think he was the bad guy. 

But the visit actually turned out pretty well and he got along with most of them, even Wilford. Wil was a strange one but Mark believed the man trusted him. Otherwise, he would have shot him. He should have brought Katherine along with him just in case he had problems with Wil and the Jims but he didn't think that would be appreciated.

Mark imagined that Dark would be pretty pissed off when he found out but he'd worry about that later.

Stretching just a little more, he took a break on recording videos and got up to go take a break, wandering into the kitchen.

Amy was in there cooking something that smelled amazing, "Oh hey, Mark! Taking a break finally?"

He nodded, "What you making?"

"Just some pasta. You hungry?"

Mark walked around Chica and Henry who watched Amy intently, "Not really but I can eat." he sighed and looked in the fridge with no intent on taking anything.

Amy noticed the weird behavior, "You okay, Mark? You're doing that thing again."

"Oh. . . . yeah I'm fine" he self-consciously shut the fridge door and rubbed the back of his head.

Amy didn't believe him, "Mark" she coaxed.

He groaned, "Alright, alright. . . it's about Dark."

Amy tensed but nodded, "Okay. . .what about him? He stir up more trouble?"

"Not exactly. Not yet, anyways. I'm just worried, I guess. I don't know. All the others don't seem to have a problem with me since I visited them the other day. But Dark just won't ever give me the chance and I don't know why. I can't even get close to him, not that I minded the other day."

"Mark" Amy sighed, "You know why. He's confused. And you made him that way"

"First of all, I didn't really make him. Celine and Actor created him, scuffling over Damien's 'soul'. In the end, it didn't matter. He's neither what Celine OR Actor intended." he fell silent for a few moments.

"You feel responsible for it?"

"How can't I? I created Actor, fucked him up and now look what he's done? I know there's good in Dark . . . but he's too corrupted from Actor's plan to see it. Actor wanted him to be the villain. At first Dark rejected it but . . .  I don't know what happened. He fell right into his trap. And it's all my fault. I could have talked to Dark"

"Technically you still could. Why do you think Dark hates you? Shouldn't he hate Actor?"

Mark shrugged, "I don't know. He sees me, probably, as the source of it all and honestly I don't blame him. . . .  you think I should try talking to Dark?"