On A Whim?

Anti stared at the good doctor in confusion, "Experiment? What do you mean, Hen? What have you been doing late at night at your office?"

Henrik gave a small smile, "Don't think about that just yet. A few questions, first. Now remember, zhe void, yes?"

Anti twitched, "Y̷-yes?"

"You told me before that zhe void can make you see things. Make zhem real"

"Make them s̶e̷ real, Henrik."

"Hm" the doctor narrowed his eyes, "Zhe void is a vast, uncontrollable and strange place. It could probably do zhat as well. From memories. Dark was created from it. . . "

Anti didn't like where this was going, "Henrik-"

"Vould you like to come with me to my office later today, Anti? I still have some vork to do even though it's zhe weekend. I could use your knowledge and help with my experiment"

"I don't know, Henrik. What exactly is it you're experimenting with?"

The good doctor chuckled, "Oh it's just hypothesis and theories. Nothing to vorry about, Anti! Now if you'll excuse me, I should get a little sleep at least. So I'll see you later, yes?"

Anti thought about it. Although he wanted nothing to do with the void, he wanted to know what exactly Henrik was up to. Something was off about him lately. Always holed up at his office until the AMs, working and drinking his coffee. He might as well not even live with them if he was also sleeping at the office. That and he had a feeling Henrik was still grieving.

"Alright, Henrik. I'll help you"

"Good! Good!" he yawned, "I will see you later, then! I'll find you" with that, Henrik happily left the room and Anti watched him go.

Then he remembered his little 'moment' with Chase a few minutes ago. He felt stupid for acting so childish and weak. But he couldn't help it at the time. He didn't want Chase to leave and that was the truth, even though he had done terrible crap. Maybe that was why? They had a lot in common, really.

"What's got you thinking so hard, man?" Jackie walked in the kitchen with Jameson behind him, "I think I see the smoke coming out of your ears from the gears working so hard" he teased.

Jameson smiled at Anti and the glitch 'glared' at Jackie, "F̷u̵c̷k̴ ̷o̶f̶f̸, man. Nothing."

'Have you eaten anything yet?' Jameson asked him.

Anti nodded and Jameson snapped his fingers in disappointment, 'Perhaps we could get lunch together then! How about it, old boy?'

"Oh yeah! Sean's coming with us later, if you want, Anti. It'll just be me, Jameson and Sean. I'll ask Marvin in a bit here but Chase needs to stay inside for a couple days and Henrik's working so I won't bother asking him."

"He's actually sleeping now. He just got home" Anti decided not to tell them about Chase trying to leave again.

Jackie looked disappointed for a moment, "Really? Man, he needs to stop working so hard. He'll have a heart attack one day if he keeps it up!" he tried joking.

"And actually" Anti continued, "He asked me to come along later when he goes back to his office. Something about he had a few more questions for me"

'Questions? What kind of questions?' Jameson signed.

"About the void. He didn't tell you guys?"

Jackie really looked upset now, "Tell us what? Why's he asking you about the void?"