So Stupid

As soon as Anti got far enough away from the convenience store and Jackie, he slowed down a tad as to conserve his strength to get to Schneep's office. The bullet wound in his abdomen wasn't too bad but it didn't just tickle. Luckily, it seemed that the robber was a terrible shot and missed anything vital.

There were some people that stared at him with worry as he held his gut but he wasn't suspicious enough that they noticed his posture whilst walking. Perhaps they just thought he was drunk? 

When he came up to the doctor's office, he noticed something a bit peculiar about the building. It looked just a little off to just be a doctor's office. Sure, it was adapted into being one  but it still rubbed a little wrong. It was attached to other buildings on either side of it and Anti could see windows at the bottom that said there was a basement area and he could just barely see that there was a light on down there.

'Perhaps that's his private office down there?' he wondered.

Wrinkling his nose he finally gave in and walked up the small ramp to get to the door. Through a small window, he could see a few people inside waiting as well but he hoped the good Doctor would see him first. If not, he'd wait.

Anti walked in holding his stomach as if he just felt sick, hiding the blood expertly. He walked up to the secretary who was typing something up on her computer, seemingly busy. He coughed a little to get her attention, "Uh . . .excuse me but is Henrik available? I really need to talk to him about something."

"Hm" the lady looked him up and down and almost snuffed, "Doctor Schneeplestein is a bit busy at the moment taking care of other patients. If there is something wrong or you feel sick, I'm going to have to have you fill this form out" she handed him a long-winded form with tons of information he'd have to fill out, "Or you can come back later when it's less busy."

Anti swallowed, "Mam, I'm sorry, but it's pretty important. I'm his. . . b̷r̴o̴t̴h̴e̴r̷, you see." he hated using that card but it was necessary at the moment, "I really need to see him. Could you just let him know I'm here?"

"Well I figured you were related" The woman scoffed but caved in, "You look a lot like him just like that Jackie brat. Okay, okay, sweetheart. You just go on over there and take a seat and I'll let him know you're here. . .uh. What's your name again, hon?"

 "Um . . . Anti. My name is Anti" he shifted uncomfortably as he quietly said his name but she didn't seem affected and had him go sit and wait. There weren't very many spaces to sit but he chose one on the other side of the kid's area nearest the door to the patient rooms. 

Playing with toys in the kids area was a little boy that looked way too familiar and then he realized why very quickly.

He looked around just to be sure but he didn't see his mother or sister around. Little Sammy was too busy with his toys, too, to notice him. Anti figured his mother was with his sister getting checked over by the Doc.

'Wonder what's wrong? Why come back to town after all this time, especially to see Henrik, just because her kid is sick?' but Anti got to thinking, 'Then again, maybe that's not the only reason? I wonder if Chase knows they're in town? Is that why he got drunk the other day?'

Before he could wonder further, the door to the patient rooms hallway opened. Sammy didn't seem to notice but Henrik peered quietly out, locking eyes with Anti.

He didn't look pleased but made a 'come hither' motion for him to follow. Biting his lip, Anti stood up and followed the doctor. He didn't say anything but quickly let him to an empty room, shutting the door behind them.

"Vhat are you doing here!? Vhat happened? You'd never come to my office like zhis" he glared him down  suspiciously, "I saw the news about something at the local convenience store and a robbery gone wrong. Don't tell me-"