Depression

I walked into Brian's room. He was laying of the bed, eyes closed.

"He is able to talk to you for ten minutes. Then you will be asked to leave." The doctor said, and walked out. I walked up to his bed and took a hold of his hand. He smiled and turned his head to me. His eyes were looking at me weakly.

"Hi, is everything okay? How are you feeling?" I was nervous. He gently smiled and looked at the ceiling.

"I'm feeling good," he sighed.

"What did the doctors say?" I asked. He looked over at me, frowning with tears in his eyes. My heart sank.

"They... They said that..." He began.

"They said what!"

"They said that... That I'm suffering from depression."

He was crying. I moved up to sit next to him on the bed, not letting go of his hand. I kissed his cheek and wiped his tears with my free hand.

"We'll get though it. Together. I promise." I said. I felt tears roll down my cheek. I leaned over and hugged him. I cried to his shoulder. He wrapped his hands around my back. My heart skipped a beat.

"Mr. Taylor. Your time is up. Mr. May will be able to go home tomorrow." I looked into his eyes once more and kissed his forehead. I stood up, not wanting to let go of his hand.

"I love you," I whispered. He smiled and said, "I love you too."

I left the room. I drove home. Fred and John left a note saying that they left and were waiting for a call as soon as I get back. I called Fred and told him what happend.

"We'll be right over," he said.

"Its okay Fred. You don't have to." I said. He always knew that I hated to be left alone. I always needed someone.

"See you in five minutes." He said and hung up. I decided to go lie down while waiting for them. I landed on the couch and hugged a pillow, crying.

Fred and john arrived and walked into the door. Fred ran up to me and hugged me. John ran for water. My heart was beating fast. I couldn't catch my breath. John gavee water and I gulped it in one shot.

"I can't help it. It just breaks out." I sobbed.

"Its ok-" Fred began as the phone rang.

"Hello?" John picked it up.

"Yes of course." He had a worried look on his face. He put the phone down on the table and said, "its for you Roger. Its the hospital."

My heart nearly stopped. I walked to the phone and picked it up.

" Hello?" I said. I was scared.