You Can't Change the Past

I drove home with Freddie and John in the back, as they demanded that they won't leave me until Bri is out of hospital. My heart hurt.

"He will get over it, darling. It will be fine," said Freddie with a glimpse of sadness in his voice. The grip of my hands on the steering wheel tightened.

"Yes it will be," I whispered to myself. It was  hard to accept the fact that Brian is mentally sick.

Just thinking of his drowsy eyes sank my heart deep down.

It was silent when we got home. No one said a word. I rushed upstairs to our room without a sound. I dived on to the bed and cried into a pillow. It was hard to understand the fact that life won't be the same after Brian gets out of hospital.

It would be hard. I never found life hard since I met Bri. It was so easy and smooth but then all of a sudden, there was a huge gap that Brian fell into.

"Darling, do you want anything?" Freddie asked as he walked into the room and sat beside me. My heart dropped. I sat up and threw myself onto Freddie, sobbing. He patted my back.

***

I went down to the hospital the next day. "When are you letting him out?" I asked. The doctor said that it is too hard to know because of the heavy mood changes and eating disorders.

After I heard about the eating disorders, I pushed my way to Brian's room.

"Brian, I'm here." I tried my best not to cry. He looked at me, drowsy, his eyes red from crying.

"Is everything OK?" I asked, nervous. He nodded with a faded smile. My heart broke.

The doctor walked in as I sat down next to Brian.

"Mr. May will be able to go back home in a few days. He is improving." He said.

I smiled. He said that its hard to know before, so I was happy.

"Bri, did you hear that? You are coming home in a few days. We will be fine. I won't let anything hurt you." I said and kissed his forehead.

He decided to pull me in and kissed me on the lips. I heard th doctor say, "you will be asked to leave in fifteen minuets," and the door closed. I felt him smile.

"Well looks like we can spend that time wisely," Brian whispered. I looked in his eyes. The deep brown eyes filled with a mix of happiness and sadness.

He pulled my collar as a sign to move in closer.

I moved. He hugged me tightly, then leaned into a kiss. A deep, passionate kiss. He pulled away and went lower down to my neck. I felt his hand go  through my hair which gave me a soft shiver.

My arms were around his waist; my favorite place to hug him.

I lightly moaned. As he heard me, he began nipping at my neck. He suddenly stopped and looked in my eyes. I was scared. Was he going to faint again? Did he loosed his memory and he doesn't remember me anymore? What happened?