Broken Wings

Brian's P.O.V.

---------------------------------------------------

What was happening. I hurt Roger. Again.

I took out a small butter knife that was brought in with the food. I put a small cut on my wrist. Then another. And another. I looked at the knife.

The blood dripped down on to the covers. I was in agony. I didn't even know why I was doing this.

I knew it would hurt everyone. I was too stressed for anything. My life was a mess.

I was leaving Queen, I hurt Roger. Let's just say, I fucked up. I needed help.

I picked up the phone from the mini bedside table. I dialed our home number. No answer.

I tried again. Again, nothing. Worry filled my soul. He wasn't there for me anymore.

I stood up and walked to the sink. I washed the half dried blood off my wrists and put on fresh clothes that Roger packed yesterday.

Walking out of the room with my stuff, I checked to see if there were anyone to stop me. Not a soul.

I jogged to the stairwell. I practically ran down the stairs right to the bottom floor. Quitting the hospital through the back door, I called in for a taxi.

***

I rang the door bell. No one was there. I tried the door knob. It was locked. Great. I was stuck outside the house with my things, plus it was freezing.

I decided to walk to John and Fred's house. It wasn't far from home. Before I left, I took out a leather jacket and put it on.

Roger's P.O.V.

----------------------------------------------------

I knocked on the door. I heard loud footsteps approach the door. Fred swung the door open and smiled.

"Oh hello darling!" He began but stopped with the happy stuff when he saw my tear-drenched face.

Without a word, I passed him the note. He took it and,as he unfolded it, he said, "is it from Bri?"

I nodded as he continued. After a few seconds, his jaw dropped and his eyes widened. He looked at me with terror.

"What is this!? He can't do that! He can't just quit!" He yelled.

"Come in darling. Its fine we'll make him stay."

I sat on the couch as Fred went over to John and passed him the note. Same reaction. He looked at me with an "I'm sorry" face.

I lay down and stare into the ceiling. A few moments later, there was a knock on the door. John opened it and looked at me. He stepped away from the doorway and there he stood.

The man who changed my life. Brian. He was half smiling as he walked up to me and kneeled down. We stared at each other for a second.

"Its you," I began. I had a mix of emotions. I was happy to see Brian, but worried as well.

"Its me," he answered back. The look in his shiny, hazel eyes was beautiful.

"Bri, what happened this morning? Why did you do that? And what is that on your wrist?" I asked, holding his hand. I was shocked. He had fresh cuts on his soft skin.

"B... Brian... Wh... Why?" I asked, my voice shaking. He looked at me with weary eyes.