You

Mishti sad on the bench staring into the oblivion. She had told herself several times that she was ready for this. Now it seemed like a lie. Like she had told him, she was stronger than him, but she still knew that seeing him would make her weak again. Suddenly, something had distracted her mind. She saw an old couple in the spectacle store. The man who might have been eighty slowly slid the glasses onto his wives eyes, and she smile back. With their arms around each other, the two exited the store and continued smiling at each other.

A small tear escaped Mishti's eyes. There had been several dreams that that man made her see and several promises that man made, yet today she was empty-handed. Neither did she live her dreams nor did she have her promises fulfilled. One such dream was growing old together. She had never doubted that they would not grow old together, but today she was sure they wouldn't. 

Breaking of promises and shattering of her dreams made her realise that she needs to fight back to that man. She cannot be weak anymore. How dare he? How dare the put the relationship that both of them worshipped at stake? She only had one thought in her head. It was to remove memories of him in her head. It was high time she moved on. She soon saw a taxi come, and put her bags in to face whatever comes in front of her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Bhai, can you please take care of the presentation, I my voice is really dry from my previous presentations and my sore throat is making it impossible to be loud"

"Nanko, you don't have to explain too much. I definitely will."

As it was Abir's turn to get up and give his presentation, he carried himself in confidence and briefed the content. But it was not the presentation of every company. It was something different. Abir goofed around and cracked his PJ's here and there. Kunal definitely found this unprofessional, but other simply enjoyed it. Abir had some charm about the way he conducted meetings. They were not the regular point to point ones, but they were fun and entertaining. Most importantly, none of them slept during his presentations. Almost everybody liked Abir and almost every deal was finalised because of Abir's demeanour. 

All the girls that would swoon over Kunal, started swooning over Abir for multiple reasons. One of them was Kunal being married, but it was more so of the other reasons that made Abir an attractive personality. Girls would surround him for his PJ's, his kindness, his goofing, and his inspiring work. Abir never realised this. All he was concerned was about getting jobs done and creating a healthy atmosphere at work. People loved their work more because of this, and even started taking off less often. 

Although he acted happy and well functioning, he was messed up on the inside. Never did he show it to anyone, nor did anyone at work figure out. Just like the beginning days, except now, somehow Nanko understood him.

During lunch, he somehow wanted to escape having lunch with his mother and made an excuse of working. He waited till two to be completely sure that his mom would have had her lunch, and then silently walked out his cabin. Unfortunately, his mom caught him.

"Abir, thank god you finally came. I did not want to disturb you, so I did not call you. Now that you are done, let us have lunch. I waited for you this long."

"At least you did not want to disturb my work space like you disturbed my love life. I did not think not disturbing someone was under your list of capabilities."

"Abir, is that how you talk to your mom?"

"And is that what you would ask from his son? Is that how you would make your son sacrifice? Is that how to cause sadness to your son? If you have an answer to these questions, you will get an answer to your own. Bye, I cannot even think of eating now after all this anyways. The only reason I occasionally eat with you is so that no one suspects that we have problems. At least have let someone respect you"