Promise

Everyone entered their respective rooms and chilled out for a while. Abir definitely did not want to go outside and wanted to avoid her so stayed in while the rest went out to have fun. Kunal tried to talk to Mishti personally.

"So you are not upset with him anymore?"

"Who said that? I will always be upset."

"But you can read him better than anyone, can't you read that he is in pain now."

"Kunal, I understand. Which is why I am trying to be nice to him. I can forget what happened, but cannot forgive him."

"Mishti.."

"Listen Kunal, whatever you say, I am not going to listen to it because I have the right to have my own opinion and it is my life. Plus, you are not the one that shattered and got hurt. It was me. This reminds me, I should be extremely upset with you for what you did yesterday. Instead of apologies, why am I hearing nonsense?"

"I am sorry for yesterday, but I wanted you to know what he is going through."

"He chose that for himself. I gave him an option. Also, this is my life, so stay out of it."

Kunal was shocked to hear something like that from Mishti. She was generally so nice but this behaviour was a result of Kunal crossing the line and he knew it. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kunal and Kuhu were practicing salsa with other couples as a part of the dance for the wedding. The air was filled with awkwardness. Kunal was perturbed while Kuhu was indifferent. All she needed was dancing done well for tomorrow, she did not care about what Kunal felt or wanted. But while dancing she wanted to give her piece of mind.

"What was the necessity to lock my sister in the room? Why are you tormenting her with your talks? She has just moved on, that too, with much difficulty. I care for Abir, but that does not mean I do not care for my sister's self respect and feelings."

"Oh! Where was that concern for respect when I asked her to apologise in front of everyone during our sangeet? Where was that concern for respect every time you used derogatory words to insult her in front of me? Where was that concern when you pulled her down in front of bhai? The reason he probably kept quiet was because you were fighting your battles and did not want to hurt you. I know I am jerk, but at least I don't pretend that I am not. Unlike you, who did such nasty stuff and now acts like a mahaan soul."

Kuhu was reminded of the pyramid that she broke with jealous for Mishti when Kunal mentioned "pulled down". He did not know of this one, but guilt builded up in her as she heard and connected those words. Pushing Kunal away, she walked out after announcing a break.

Mishti was sitting and talking with Nannu near the pool. The two were drinking OJ's. When Kuhu walked up to them, Nannu asked her to bring a chair to sit next to them.

"Actually Nannu, can you please give me time to talk with Mishti. Personally."

Nannu agreed and got off the chair. Mishti was surprised at Kuhu's request. They had surely improved their bonding to understand and feel for each other. But they never shared personal talks yet.

"Mishti, I need to confess to you."

'What?"

"I am sorry for treating you like crap at home. I guess when people say that you do not know the value of things until they are gone, they are right. I realised how I had hated you, hurt you, and abused you. It is not even healthy for anyone. I am glad that all my rubbish did not affect you much. I was stupid, childish and, immature. Circumstances in life make people understand the importance of maturity and I think that was what happened to me."

Banne Se Pehle Khatam Huyi, Apni Bhi Ek Kahini Thiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें