that

Both of them were sitting on the bathroom floor, with Mishti holding her head. Abir tried to massage it.

"How bad does it hurt on a scale of one to ten?"

"Twelve."

"Mishti.."

"It is bad!"

Abir took her hand and told her, "Okay, I don't know much about acupuncture but I used to get headaches often, so this I researched about it and found out the holding this spot may help.", and he applied pressure with his thumb or a small spot of her hand.

"Also, I will make you a coffee. I know those are helpful for headaches.""

I hate you!"

"But, I was not the one who got you drunk!"

"I know! I know Nannu played a prank with me, but I hate you for being this sweet. It makes me annoyed that I cannot hate you."

"So the person who did this to you is excused and the person who is trying to help you out is punished. Also, you just said you hate me though", Abir said as a matter of factly, with a grin.

"I hate you for not making me hate you for whatever happened previously."

Mishti was honest. Seeing such as caring man just made her feel sad about what she lost a few months back. She could have had this, yet he ruined it. Still, she could not hate him.

"Mishti, about that. I really wanted to talk, about I am not sure if I can. All I can say is that I am extremely, terribly, and awfully sorry for what I did. And I am sorry for what I said. I did not mean any of it."

"You did not mean that you wanted to break-up?"

"No, I did not mean to call you an outsider."

"Than, why did you?", Mishti asked with her eyes read, and voice trembling.

"Because I saw no other way. Because I fell weak."

"So you regret it."

"I would have regretted if I had not done it. I feel guilty here more than regret.", he confessed sincerely.

"But everything was fine in our relationship, Abir. I know I lied to you, but I also know that you know why I did. I did not know for sure, and when I did I was going to tell you, but seeing you look up to your mother after bickering with her every day made me feel that I should not ruin it."

"Mishti, it had nothing to do with you. The reason why we broke up was because of me."

Anger burned in Mishti as she sternly said, "No, Abir. It was because of your mom. And I am not afraid to say that she is a monster. I do not give a damn about what you think now, but as a .."Abir did not let her complete and put his hand on her mouth."

Mishti, I understand. Remember when I called her the same and you felt I was wrong, well maybe I was, but I was being honest. I want you to feel free to be honest as well."

She looked at the brown eyes right in front of her while her eyes pleaded for something. He read what she wanted and got up saying that he would make coffee. She once again pulled him and made him sit.

"Look at me Abir. Why are you avoiding my eyes?"

Abir still was shaking and looking at the door. Memories of their break up flooded in him. She used her hands to make his face turn towards her,"

Answer right now!"

"Mishti! I can't. I really can't", Abir was crying and his voice had cracked as he said those words.