Killed

Mishti had reached home early in the morning and had asked her parents if she could rest. Her jet lag made her miserable that she decided it is better she takes a nap. So laid on her bed, not thinking of anything but was lost. She then saw a wedding card on Kuhu's side of the bed. She picked it up and read it. The had a title with a large font that read "Nehabir". That was when she connected the dots. Kuhu was telling how through her event management company, she was organising a wedding for a girl called Neha. So, Kuhu did not tell the groom's name because she knew that Mishti would get hurt. As soon as she realised this, Mishti tore the card with anger. Nothing made her so lost in life like this card had. Now, not only did she feel disappointment in him, but also hate for him. Never in her wildest dreams did she imagine he would move on so fast. Did their relationship mean nothing for Abir to move on so quickly as to not only date someone but also get married in three months? Mishti did not think Abir was capable of something like this, but ever since their break-up at the lake, she could not judge what he was capable of. Tears flowed down and she could not control it, neither did she want to.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mishti was laying down on his bed. Abir hugged her from behind and showered her with kisses. She turned to face him and asked, "Did you miss me?"

For which he replied, "Not really Angry Chorni".

Her expressions changed from excitement to confused. But Abir continued, "I did not because I had your earring with me."

"That better be the reason."

"Also, there was this cute girl in the NGO that made me.."

"Shut up right now! Who is this cute girl? What was she doing in the NGO? Is that why you let me go early today?"

"Arre pagli, no. There was no cute girl or anything. I let you go early because Badi may has been complaining that you spend less time at home, but when you get time you sneak into my room and take a nap as though this is your bed."

"This is gonna be my bed"

Abir could not help but laugh. This was their safe heaven. Their rooms and the NGO, where no one could say anything about them or their relationship and where they can spend time together by being themselves without being judged. He cupped her face and told her, "By the way, you don't have to feel so jealous of any one. I don't think any girl would impress me and love me as much as you. And I don't think any I could love anyone as much a you."

Mishti got angry and sat up, questioning Abir, "You don't THINK?"

"Okay, Angry Chorni, I will not and cannot love anyone as much as you. Okay?"

"Okay."

Mishti smiled and hugged Abir and they both went to their dreams.

Dono Milke halte hain na,                                                                                                                                                   Sapno mein hi rehte hain na,                                                                                                                                                        Sirf tu main ho jahan re

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mishti could not sleep remembering this moment. How had things changed so much that promises became nothing. She complained about how there should be a rule about making too many promises. And definitely a rule or punishment for those that break them. Just then, Kuhu ran and jumped on her.