Let

2 weeks later

The wedding was done beautifully and everyone was retreating back their own lives with turning off their festive moods. Kunal and Abir got back to their work, while Kuhu went to Ludhiana for setting another wedding. Mishti was a little confused about what to do after returning back to India. For three months in London, she had taken a break from work but this break was too long. She wondered if she can get back to being the same work person she was. She would have loved to join the NGO but that would only invite problems if her parents or anyone else knew. She understood that she had to look for another job, but she wasn't sure what kind of job. After pondering for days, she had made her decision.

As her footsteps hit the stairs, the Maheshwari's looked at her and smiled.

"How was the wedding, beta?", asked Vishambar Maheshwari.

"It was amazing, actually, the best of my days in a while?"

"Why? Staying with me is not fun for you?"

"Nannu, you are the most boring person on this planet."

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah, I know that you are jumpy and you talk funny, but you are boring."

"What do you even mean?"

"I mean that even though you are fun-loving, you don't know how to have fun. You go for fancy restaurants and expensive shopping that I cannot and don't want to spend for fun, but the real fun is Indian road food and roadside shopping. Even your taste in music is too angrezi for me."

"Lo Bhai, you spend all your time and money to make someone happy, but they come back showing zero gratefulness. I don't like you, friendship cut, tom and jerry cut."

"Arrey, I was kidding. Wait! Where are you going?"

Nannu pretended as he walked out the table but both of them were laughing.

"So London was good Mishti?", asked Rajashri.

"It was pretty nice, to be honest. I gained so much weight though with all that cheese and sweets."

"That's good. Only now you look healthy."

"She looks fat!", yelled Nannu from the Kitchen.

"Oi bat face, shut up uh! Badi ma, I am going to work out, maybe not necessarily lose weight, but get healthier. I am not healthy at all.  A few days back I could not even climb the stairs at the temple and Abir had to wait for me every four steps he took."

Just then she realized her blunder. Everyone at the breakfast table had their eyes widened.

Mishti quickly changed what she said, "Not Abir, I mean Nannu.", and looked at Nannu to go on with her.

Nannu understood what she was doing but not why, yet he did go on with her.

"Yeah, that temple was the bomb! Only if you were not so slow, I could have seen more."

"Yeah..."

"Mishti, You still haven't got him off your head, have you?"

"Bade papa, it was just a slip."

"No Mishti, after three months, you should be used to not taking that name. I don't know what to do or what to tell you, but I need you to know that you have to move on. He has, so should you. When something does not work once after trying so hard, don't waste your time and effort. He did not value you, hence he does not deserve you."

"Bade papa, I know what he did was wrong and I will not be back with him together. I can't. Not because I don't have feelings, but because it will get too complicated. I guess even I have learned that some people are better off as separate, and will not make it anything more than that. Yet, just because we broke up, or he broke up, does not mean I forget all the good things he has done."