you

Disclaimer: I am not writing any Nish-mish third angle business. They are friends who are like siblings so it would be nasty for me to do that. No Nish-mish romantic content. Only mishbir.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abir held her before she could fall to the ground, like he had on the Karwachaut day. She was so small, but she fit his arms so perfectly. The ladies who were previously fighting her were confused as to what was going on. Abir was extremely concerned about what Mishti was doing.

"Mishti are you drunk? Did you drink alcohol?"

"NEEEEEEEES!"

"What?"

"Yo"

"Mishti!"

She looked up to him and gave a goofy smile. Then she looked back at those ladies and stuck her tongue out.

"Mine", she claimed. It was though she suddenly won the whole argument with the ladies because Abir came to her. 

"Abir, tom shirt pehle pahlulo, Yeh lagiyaan sight Kar rahe the.", she then turned to the women, and while guarding him she commanded, "mat dekho!".

Mishti being unstable, almost fell to the ground again, but Abir decided to take her to her room and call someone. He thought it was important to protect her from embarrassment. 

"Mishti, were are your room keys?"

"Gaaaaayab. Ta da. Magic", she threw her hands in the air.

Spending time with Mishti these days mostly involved have sane and mature conversations, or laughing at some jokes. Today, or more precisely, right now was fooling around. It was different and nice. He now felt more comfortable to admire her and giggle at her for his hearts content.

"Mari chokri pagan che", he muttered to himself, and took her to his room. He laid her on his bed, and kneeled beside her.

"Mishti, I will go call you sister, if not her, I will call your boyfriend. Just stay here okay."

"My boyfriend? I have a boyfriend? Again? Hayeee!"

"Yeah! I will call Nannu. Just stay here."

He was about to get up but she pulled him by the sleeves, and spanked his hand.

"Chee, Abir! Naastyy! Nannu mera cousin hai, boyfriend nahi."

Abir looked at her to make sure what she said was not because she was drunk 

"Mishti, are you sure?"

"Ha Abir, Nannu son of Jasmeet. I daughter of Bade Mama and Papa. I Nannu are cousins."

If Abir could have, he would have danced to every Bollywood song he knew right now. He would have done garba if he could have. He was so elated. It occurred to him how both of them thought each of them moved on but actually they both had not. It was a guilty pleasure to him.

"Okay baba, I need to tell someone na? Let me go!"

"No!", she denied and pulled him closer.

Now he sat closer to her and she looked like she wanted to talk to him.

"Abir!'

"Mishti... Kya?"

"Why are you avoiding me? You do not like me or what? Is that why you left me? Is it because I am ugly? Is it because I am rude?Is it..."

Before she could continue, he kept his hand on her mouth.

"You are the most wonderful person I have ever known my entire life Ms. Mishti Agarwal. You are amazing. You are so sweet and kind. You are gorgeous. Okay? I broke up with you because I am an idiot, not because of you. Get that?"