Sorting

An: 3 chapters in 2 day I am really bored

Percy P.O.V

The train went to a halt and I heard an woman's voice through the speakers on the train, "All first years follow Rubeus Hagrid to the boats, I repeat all first years follow Rubeus Hagrid to the boats."

Not knowing what to do I stood around like an idiot, until I felt someone take my hand, it was Cedric. He led me to a giant of a man shouting "All righ' you lot, fulla meh to the boats" we did and he got us into groups. Only me and Cedric were left and when Hagrid looked down he saw is standing there bewildered "You two will be riding with me" he led us to the first and biggest boat that would led the way. 

Cedric and Hagrid talked about magic and what Cedric's father did for the ministry of magic, all I could do was stare at the glistening water.  It was absolutely beautiful, reflecting the Scottish moonlight upon is sea green skin. I saw hundreds of fishes covering the river floor, coming closer and closer to our boat as if they never seen new students before. Then out of no where I thought I saw a face smile up at me.

Apparently I looked down to much because I fell down into the water with a splash , dropping until I reached the bottom.

School's of fish clouded my view until all I could see was scales and scales covering my body, I must be loosing blood as I started to hear voices in my head. Though looking back on it I was to scared to work out what they were saying, then the scales cleared as the fish scattered from view, it was as if they were afraid of something. I saw a lining of a giant being come into view, at least 100 legs dangled bellow it 50 foot body, it had a pointed arrow head and a razor sharp beak no doubt in my mind that my life would end here. The only thoughts that where going through my mind was "Pleases don't kill me," even though I knew it was futile, however to my surprise the giant squid responded with a chuckle in my head, all though it appeared to me that it was a booming laugh. 

"Do not worry little prince, I am bound by lady Styx, my honor and my loyalty not to harm you what so ever; your father would have my head, not to mention the mermaids that live here, our treaty would be broken and it would be a war of the lake." 

"My father left me, lost at sea"

Thunder could be heard  in the distance, "Do not fret little prince you will soon learn the truth and when you do I and the Mer people will be here to guide you at your time at Hogwarts, however I fear that your friends and the half giant are getting worried, so I shall take you up now."

"Wait, what's your name"

"Cios, my lord" and just like that he took me into his 1 of his arms plopped my into the boat next to Cedric and patted my head"

"What the bloody hell was that?" asked Cedric

"Giant squid, coun ya self lucky Mr Black, if that thing were ungery u would be mince meet"

"Forget that, how did you breath for that long and how are you still dry?" yeah I knew that my new found friend would care for my safety

"Magic?" although it sounded more like a question than an answer, 

"Yeah, yeah whatever" and just like that he went back to talking about his father with Hagrid.

Once we made it to shore a rather stuck up lady came up to us and asked her to follow her. Ced told me that she was Professor McGonagall the head of Gryffindor house, transfiguration teacher and deputy headmistress of the school. 

We all were told to get in line and wait for our names to be called, everyone stood nervously shuffling their feet like they would never feel the floor again. We waited for 30 seconds while older students piled into the great hall, and even though I have seen moving pictures of Hogwarts' great hall, seeing it in person is completely different. It was massive at least 100 km each way, and the sky, the sky was the best part moving like stars twinkling in the make shift night above us.