Out of the Shadows of Greatness

Cedric Pov

Today was the day, the day that I try out for the Hufflepuff quidditch team, to make my own history in the school instead if being known as Perseus Black's best-friend.

I mean, as much as I love him as a friend, I really do, but does he have to be smart, loyal, good-looking, rich, modest, powerful and good at everything. For Merlin's sake can't the guy have any faults.

Edward and Layla were joining me, they both wanted to be chasers after seeing Percy last year, hopefully we can fight the power of the mighty Slytherins and Gryffindor's. 

"Yo, Ced, do think that we will be making the team, I'm we are still only second years" Edward nervously asked.

"After Perce I think that the other Houses are more willing to try out younger players for the team, and are looking for their own version of him in a way"

"Wait do you think that you could be Hufflepuff's version of Perseus" asked Layla

I blushed "Well not exactly their version of Percy, more like their talisman, kind of like Percy is for Slytherin or Charlie was Gryffindor before he left. We huffs never really had one and I feel like we should, I mean the last player who was exceptional was Ted Tonks, who one the house cup as captain, but he was treated horribly because of his blood-status." 

"Ceddy, your going to be late" I only know one person who calls me Ceddy. Their he was Perseus, the very person whom I'm trying to escape from under his shadow, with 2 red heads, a guy with dread locks and...

"Shit" Cho Chang.

Percy Pov

I was on my way to support Cedric for when he tries out when I was met with two very angry red-heads, an Eastern Asian looking girl and a nervous kid with dread-locks.

"Well what do we have here Fred my boy"

"It looks like our favourite second year wizard"

Yep, they were pissed

"Why it isn't my two favourite twin, out of those nice flowery dresses I see, a shame, I thought that you look very nice in those."

"Why Perce man, I thought we were cool"

"Yeah, but Hex was like either help them prank the two boneheads who publicly exclaimed that they will dethrone them or Hex will prank me, so I chose to save my own thing, anyway I heard that you two have been making a rep for your self anyway, it was very amusing to here Professor Snape moan about you to."

"Well coming from the great Perseus Black it is an honour"

Laughing "Were are you 4 going anyway"

"We are going to scout competition for the Gryffindor's, Wood said he'll give us three, me, George and Lee," pointing to themselves and the guy with dreadlocks, Lee Jordan I think that he is called "10 sickles each if we do it"

"What about you" addressing the girl, who looked really anxious.

"That's Cho Chang, she said that Cedric Diggory invited her to watch, but we don't believe her"

"Well lets find out, Ceddy, your going to be late"

"Shit"

"Now, now Ceddy that's no way to treat a friend, you three better hurry up"

They started to run "and Ced"

"Yeah Percy"

 "Don't disappoint me or a certain Cho Chang"

Blushing he ran off.

"Hey Mr Perseus" I saw Lee Jordan looking up at me, I wasn't use to this as everyone I hanged out with is also quite tall I am now 5'6 looking down at a 5'3 Lee Jordan.

"Yeah, by the way just cool me Percy dude"

"Can I come and commentate the try outs with you, I wanna do it full time as I know that soon you won't be allowed to do it but I thought that if I learned from you then people will like me more"

"Well, we have to ask Professor MgGonigal is she minds a first year learning to commentate but I'm sure she wouldn't and Professor Sprout since it would be her house that we are commentating on, but I'm sure that she would be fine with it."

........................................... .. time skip.......................................................

"Who's ready for the Hufflepuff quidditch try out"

AN: I know its short but enjoy

Thanks for all of the recent support

525 reads= Next chapter 

From Ya Boi 

Shade324