c h a p t e r • 6

Liliana

"I'm awake!" I exclaimed, jolting upright and falling off my bed with a thud as my alarm woke me up.

"Damn." I muttered, sighing.

I checked my phone and found that it was 7.30am.

Isn't it too early to even be functioning? This is absurd!

I stayed on the floor for a couple more minutes, contemplating life decisions, realising I will never date Shawn Mendes and thinking about how my life sucks but made myself feel better knowing other people have it worse. Then, realising that sounded mean and finally dragging myself to take a shower.

After showering, I put on my clothes that I prepared the night before.

I put on a huge sweater that reached mid-thigh with a belt across my waist and paired it with thigh high black velvet boots.

I brushed through my hair and got my stuff before leaving.

I stopped at a cafe for coffee before walking into my first lecture.

I'm taking business courses so I don't really have that much lectures.

I sat somewhere in the middle and just as I put my stuff down, the lecture started boringly.

I swear I was about to doze off when I felt something light hit the back of my head.

I took the crumpled ball of paper and opened it.

You look hot. Hang out with me sometime? ;)

I turned to the back and saw James winking at me but next to him sat Ryder looking uninterested as always.

I didn't know they took this class with me.

I grinned and chuckled lowly, putting away the piece of paper.

I gave him a thumbs up making him grin.

I got a notification text from James and checked to see what he wanted.

James
Your welcome. Who kept you up at night, love ;)

Haha thnks babe

Don't mention it

I smiled and put my phone down focusing back to the lesson.

After another excruciating hour, we could finally leave.

I walked out and threw my empty cup in the trash can next to where James was standing.