c h a p t e r • 15

Liliana

"Who's is it?" He asks.

"I'm not even sure there's an it. That pregnancy test says I'm not pregnant but Sam told me that the brand I used is known for being inaccurate 90% of the time." I say, sighing as I bury my face in my palms with my elbow resting on my knees.

"Do you want me to get another pregnancy test at the drug store?" He asks and I look up at him.

"You would do that?" I ask, getting emotional.

"I'm your...friend, remember? Of course, I would do that." He says, clasping my hands.

"Okay. Can you leave before I cry?" I ask, not looking at him and he gives me a confused look.

"Uh, sure." He says and grabs his wallet before leaving.

-•-

"That's a lot." I say, staring at the pregnancy test boxes on the table. I think there were at least 7.

"We have to make sure." He shrugs.

I sigh and grab the bag with me to the bathroom.

"I'll be back in an hour after 4 breakdowns." I say and shut the door without waiting for a response.

-•-

"Shortcake! Are you okay?" I heard Ryder call out from the other side of the door as I prepare to look at the results once again.

"I feel like I've been run over by a bulldozer. 17 times." I say.

He stayed silent, probably debating on my sanity.

"You can do this, Lili." I say, nodding to myself.

"No, you fucking can't, you dumb bitch." I say.

"Okay, shut up and just flip it over." I say to myself, realising I'm probably going insane.

I close my eyes and flip over the pregnancy test.

Wait, fuck I'm supposed to open my eyes not close my eyes.

I open my eyes and drop the pregnancy test on the floor in shock.

I looked at the others in panic and they all had the same results.

I'm fucking pregnant.

"Fuck." I whisper, knowing my life is a complete utter mess.

"You can come in, now!" I say and I heard the door open almost immediately.

He gapes and looks at the tests.

"Who's the dad?" He asks.

I lifted my stare from the floor and look at him.

"I'm sorry." I say, my voice breaking.

I didn't have any time to read his reaction because I was tackled by a hug.

"No, don't be sorry." He says.