c h a p t e r • 17

Liliana

I pushed Hannah away gently.

"Woah." I say, astounded.

I was definitely not expecting that.

"I'm sorry—you know what? I should just go." She turns to leave but I stop her.

"No, wait." I caught her arm.

She looks at my hand which made me drop it immediately.

"I think we should talk." I say. "Come in."

"Look, Lili, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to—well, I kinda did but I heard you talking with James and you admitted that you were—"

"Hannah, I think you're amazing and all but, I just don't feel that way towards you...and I don't mean too friend zone you but, I can't see you as anything more than a friend to me." I say, putting my hand on her shoulder assuringly.

"Yeah, I understand." She sighs.

"I'm sorry." I smile sadly.

"No, you don't have to apologise. I shouldn't have done that without your consent." She chuckles lightly.

"It's okay. It wasn't that bad of a kiss, honestly." I smiled.

She looks at me with a smile and snickered.

"You live with a guy?" She asks.

"Yeah, how did you know?" I ask.

"That's definitely a guy's hoodie." She points to Ryder's blue hoodie on the couch.

"He likes leaving his stuff around." I shook my head.

"Are you guys close?" She asks.

"Uh...yeah, well, it's Ryder." I chuckle nervously.

"Aren't you guys broken up?" She looked shocked, confused and curious at the same time.

"Yeah, but this wasn't planned. I somehow landed myself in the boys' dormitory." I explain.

She nods in understanding.

"So, I better leave..." She trails off, standing up. "I have a uh...my uncle's cat to take care of."

"Oh, okay." I say, getting on my feet to walk her out.

"I'll see you around, I guess." She says and I nod, smiling.

She walks out as I shut the door, now alone in my thoughts.

I sigh, running a hand through my hair in frustration.

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry.

Where the hell is Ryder?

He's supposed to be with me. I'm pregnant! Melanie's just a normal not pregnant girl. I have a literal future child inside of me!

Oh God, I'm doing it again.

Ryder can do anything the fuck he wants. What do I care? He's not my boyfriend.