c h a p t e r • 10

Liliana

"Wake." I hit Ryder with a pillow. "Up." I hit him again.

He stirs a little and slowly opens his eyes.

He blinked a few times and so did I.

"..." He was silent.

"..." I had no idea what to say.

"..."

"..."

"What happened?" He finally says.

"You tell me. You're the one with high tolerance." I say.

"Did we—" He trails off.

"Most likely." I say. "How the hell did you get drunk?"

"I have no idea." He says.

"You better have used protection or—" My eyes trailed off to the clock on the night stand.

My eyes widen and I was about to jump out of bed when I remembered I was naked so I pulled the blanket which resulted in Ryder falling off the bed but it was a good thing since he's naked but I saw his butt, not gonna lie.

"Lili!" He exclaimed.

"I'm gonna be late! I'm sorry, Ryder. I need to go. I have a class in less than 10 minutes!" I say, running out of his room and showering in a minute which is my best record before throwing on whatever I could find that I threw on my bed yesterday.

I brushed my hair and took my bag that had my assignments and laptop and books. I didn't forget my phone and ran out of the dorm room.

-•-

I finished class and as I walked into my dorm room, I got a message.

I checked it and it apparently came from and unknown number.

/Hey, it's...Caleb. Well, kinda. Can we meet today? Please? It's really urgent./

Me
/Where?/

/At the cafe you used to work at/

Me
Okay, I'll see you there in 10.

——

That was weird.

I look up from my phone and saw two girls.

Jade Rose.

What is she doing here?

"Hey! You must be Liliana." She says standing up and reaching her hand out to me.

I shook her head and nodded.

"You're Jade, right?" I ask and she nods.

"Not to be rude or anything but...what are you guys doing here?" I ask.

"Just to visit Ryder." She says.