Rain Falls

Zoey's POV

We girls and a boy were discussing about something in Juleka's house. They were fighting over who Marinette should choose.

"Then let's have a majority vote" Alya suggested and everyone agreed. Rose, Alix and Juleka voted for Luka. Alya, Mylene and Nino voted for Adrien.

"I'm pretty sure she would choose Adrien" Alya said confidently.

"I vote for Luka" I said with a low tone. I remembered when I asked him if she likes Marinette. Those four words was like hundreds of knives stabbing through my heart.

"Huh? I thought you like Luka?" Mylene asked.

"Like him? I don't know what your talking about?" as I laughed a little. Well to be honest I like him, but he likes Mari and I can't force him to be happy with me.

After that silent filled the room until Alya broke the silent.

"Well Luka wins so that mean will plan a secret date for them" Alya said. Before they could discuss I excuse myself and went home. After closing the door at my room I sat on the floor with my back beside the door.

"Look on the bright side your classmates aren't mad at you" Luu tried to encourage me.

"Yet. No one ever knew what happened when I was young. Everyone looks up to me as a good example especially for children. But I was never a good example, once they find about the truth they'll see me as a vicious criminal" I said as I tried not to cry. I tried to forget about what happened by answering the assignments/homeworks that was given. Oh no, I forgot to bring my bag. Worst day ever. I changed my clothes. I was wearing a blue sleeveless shirt and shorts. While cooking for dinner I heard someone knocked at the door. I let the mushroom soup simmer and opened the door.

"Hey you forgot this" as a boy with a guitar on his back handed my bag. I took my bag and said, "Great timing I need someone to taste my soup". I grabbed him by the hand

"Looks like the cold never bother you" Luka giggles as he saw what I'm wearing. My face immediately turned red as a tomato. I hid my face using my hands. This is so embarrassing, please someone end this night.

"Sorry if you had to see me like this" I said shyly.

"I didn't know you like wearing clothes like that at night. I need to call my sister first and told her I'll have dinner here" he said.

"Geez I never expected companies okay" I pouted and fix the table while Luka was in the living room calling her sister, Juleka. After preparing I called Luka.

Luka's POV

I took a sip on her soup. It was actually delicious the taste if the mushroom blended perfectly with the cream she used. I can't help myself but to finish the soup. I saw her giggled while staring at me.

"Sorry I can't help myself it was delicious. Was it your recipe?" I asked her putting the spoon down.

"It was actually my mom's. I'm glad that I got the right blend" she said. Even if it was instant I saw her smile faded when she mentioned her mom.

"It's not that I'm prying but did something happened? It's okay if you don't wanna talk about it and I'm not forcing you, okay" I said.

"Are you a detective or a musician? Man, you always ace the right guess. Well yeah sort of. Now I'm gonna be the one asking now, what would you do if you tainted your hands to protect the one you love and yet you fail?" she said. For some reasons her question seems pretty deep.

"Sorry if I asked you a silly question" she apologized and took the used utensils to the dishwasher. After that she escorted me to the gate. But when we opened the door we saw the rain was pouring.

"Hey can I bo-" I paused when I saw her crying. Wait, why is she crying?

"Sorry if I did something wrong okay please don't cry now" as I tried to calm her down.

"I'm sorry I can't help but cry when I saw the rain is pouring" she said while trying to remove her tears but her tears kept falling. I let her lean to me. I patted her head and hugged her. After a while we went inside.

"No bars dammit, are you feeling better now?" I asked her while I was pissed when I saw no signal. My mom and sister will be sick worried if I don't contact them ASAP