Follow | Kamado Tanjirou

Another request from BlackKnightRadiant Again, Thank you for requesting ^ω^

~~~~~

"Come to me now
Open your door
Don't make me wait
One moment more."
-Elsa, Frozen II

~~~~~

Your beautiful smile.

Tanjirou can never forget your beatiful smile. It may not be for him, but watching you smiling from afar makes him think it's for him. Even if it's for everything but for him, he doesn't care. As long as you're happy, he's happy too.

Tanjirou never stopped following you the moment his gaze landed on your figure. It was like you're the ray of light in his dark void. It was like you're the spark that ignited in him to continue living this useless life. It was like you're an angel that came to save him from this chaotic and messy world.

Unfortunately for Tanjirou, he can never go to heaven. Even if you managed to save him, demons only go straight to hell, no detour to heaven or purgatory. He's doomed for hell.

It has been a while since he become a demon. He doesn't have a single clue about his human past. But, he barely remembers a girl, probably a year younger than him, looking back him with tears in her light pink eyes. Fortunately for Tanjirou, he can control himself from eating humans. He has his own taste and preferences.

One fateful day. The day that he finally longed for came.

"Are you lost? You looked like one."

He snapped from his daydreaming session that included you. He thought he was still in his daydream when the first thing he sees is you. So, he slapped himself.

"WAH! Don't hurt yourself please," you begged, cupping the cheek that landed a hit from his hand. Your other hand holds Tanjirou's hand that was used in the slap.

Tanjirou's face flushed red in embarassment. He was both happy and embarassed. T-the first thing you'll do in front of her is embarass yourself, STUPID.

"Are you okay?" you asked, completely worried for him. Tanjirou was astonished you're not running away. His eyes literally give away he's not human. Why are you not running away?

"Yeah."

"That's good. Are you lost? You shouldn't be out here at this time of night."

"You as well. It's dangerous at night." Dangerous of things like me.

You asked, "What's your name?"

You even asked his name! Tanjirou can't help but smile. He answered, "I'm Tanjirou."

You smiled at him. Tanjirou's heart leaped at the sight of your smile. Your smile that is meant for him. He finally got the smile that he wants to be for him.

You said, "Well, Tanjirou-kun, I'm (Y/N). How about you rest at my place first? I'm pretty sure you're lost at the moment."

He replied with a bright smile, "Thank you!"

***

When you woke up, Tanjirou was gone.

You looked around your house in search for him, but he was nowhere to be found. There was even not a single trace of him being at your house the previous night.

"Was it a dream?" mumbled you. No, you were certain he was here with you when you came home. He wasn't some ghost that you accidentally saw when you were in the forest. Heck, you can even touch him.

You looked around the neighborhood for him, but you didn't see him at all. You asked the other townsfolk if they saw someone coming out of your house, but they didn't see anyone.

You went back and searched for all your things, assuming Tanjirou is a thief. But, nothing was missing in your valuables or anything in your house.

"Okay, that was rude of me," you said to youself as you sat down. Someone as kind, bright, and innocent as Tanjirou can never be a thief. He's too innocent for his sake.

When the sun kissed the world goodbye, you sneakily went to the mountains, avoiding some rumors of you in the town. The town that you lived in is small. So, basically, everyone knows everyone.

You were calling out Tanjirou's name. You ventured deep in the forest in search for him. This is where you first met him, so you were sure that he should be nearby. Maybe, he was lost again in the forest and couldn't find his way back to the town?

You turned around when you heard a shuffling behind you. You're instincts were screaming for you to run for your life. You felt on edge. You knew something bad is about to happen, but you can't just simply leave Tanjirou in his own devices if the forest is a dangerous place.

A hideous creature jumped out of the bush and a scream erupted from your lips. You have no experience in defending youself. You're only a humble gardener in your town that grows different kinds of flowers.
You raised your arms in front of yourself and closed your eyes shut, ready to take the impact.

But, it never came.

You opened your eyes and saw the familiar shade of burgundy strands.

"TANJIROU!"

Tanjirou grimaced in pain as he felt his blood rushing out from his wound across his chest. The wound was gradually closing itself because of his demonic characteristics. He assured you, "I'm alright."

"You're bleeding!"

He turned to face you. Your body froze at the sight of his dark expression. You were scared of him. The slits in his eyes told you he was the same hideous demon that tried to kill you just now.

You're ears left out the conversation Tanjirou made with the demon as you collapsed on your knees on the ground. You were left there until Tanjirou managed to scare the demon away with his might.

Tanjirou, knowing you might finally push him away, took the risk of asking if you're okay.

You looked up at him with quivering lips.
"What if you died? I'll blame myself for someone being killed because of me..."
Tanjirou knelt down and hugged you. It was taking all of his will not to devour you right there and now. He was wounded. "I'm not dead. I didn't die."

"Ne, Tanjirou."

"What is it, (Y/N)-chan?"

You took a deep breath. You pushed his head in your neck. You gave your permission, "It's okay."

You knew of the existence of the demons. Their kind are the culprit of the death of your family after all. But, even so, you just can't hate Tanjirou. Plus, he risked his life for you. That's a score on you.
Tanjirou protested, but you insisted, threatening him with your leaving if he doesn't do what he must.

Tanjirou gulped, nervously taking the blood with a bite on your neck. You winced at the pain, but you managed to compose youself.
When he was finished, you asked, "Want to stay at my house? You looked like you're lost."

A laugh came from Tanjirou. He took you in his arms and you let him guide you to your house.

I'm going to be fine, Nezuko. Nii-chan is going to be fine, you don't have to worry about me.