Library Meetings | Tokitou Muichirou

Set in Modern AU, a Muichirou x Popular!Reader oneshot from Kaylene_Cookies

Cheerful reading!

~~~~~

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another."
—Charles Dickens

~~~~~

You are the perfect living being anyone could ask for.

Muichirou sat, staring in the window beside him in a daze. He watched the clouds moved in its own pace. He was so into it that he got lost track of time.

"Thank you for dropping by Y/N-san!"

Muichirou immediately snapped his attention from his cloud-gazing session. He looked at you, who was smiling a warm smile that sets his heart ablaze. A blush tinted his cheeks as he watched you converse with a friend by the door of his classroom.

"Thank you as well! I'll be leaving."

(Y/N) (L/N). One of the three beauties of Kimetsu Academy. (Y/N) is from the class beside Muichirou's. He had it rough since he can't see her most of the time. But, he makes sure to come to school early since (Y/N) is in their classroom in the morning because of her close friend, Aoi. (Y/N) is also a member of the student council, making her more well-known in school. Every boy thinks (Y/N) is the perfect girlfriend material and maybe, wife material. She's very kind to her peers and to everyone around her. Muichirou can only dream he may claim (Y/N) as his girlfriend.

Muichirou watched with solemn expression as you depart his classroom. I'll see her again.

* * *

Muichirou looked down at his short quiz results. The big "F" in the corner is making his mood drop. It seems like he has to think of a way to improve his grades soon.

What other way is better than studying?

Muichirou found himself sitting in the library with loads of past seatwork and a few books stack upon each other. A groan slipped past his lips. It was still early before sunset, so Muichirou can spend the rest of the afternoon understanding the past and present lessons.

The sound of paper flipping and shuffling distracted Muichirou from writing down the solution. He looked up and saw you sorting some papers in the desk across him. His cheeks heat up and his heart started to thump against his chest. She's here.

He sensed he should help you. It looks like you're having trouble with it. Plus, his studying is pretty much a compromise for the betterment of his grades. He can always stop and continue back in his bedroom.

"Do you need help with that?" asked Muichirou. He was so sure he stopped himself from approaching the working you. You look so cute with that serious expression on your face.

You looked up, seeing a familiar person. You couldn't place where you had seen him. But, he's so familiar that you're so sure you're seeing his face every day.

Then, it clicked to you who it was. You beamed at him, "Tokitou-san..." You saw his index finger pointing at the paperworks. An awkward laugh came out of you as you stiffly scratched your cheek. You felt embarrassed.

"I think I can manage myself," you told Muichirou.

Muichirou sighed. He sat next to you. Confused, you turned your head. Muichirou insisted, "I think you can't."