Be Happy | Kamado Tanjirou

Thanks again BlackKnightRadiant for the request!

Happy Reading!

~~~~~

"She sacrifices her dream to make my dream come true."
― Luffina Lourduraj

~~~~~

"I'm pregnant."

Tanjirou remembered the two exact words that made his everything stop. She smiled at him. Even though she was calm and composed like a calm ocean, she was a nervous and anxious mess inside. She waited for any sign of reaction, anything she can infer from Tanjirou's expression. She has absolutely no clue what will happen next. She simply put all her faith on Tanjirou's positive side.

Tanjirou smiled brightly. It was like the heavens descended upon her with that bright and childish smile of his. She swore she was blinded by it for a split moment. Tanjirou hoisted her up in pure joy, causing a startled squeal to slip past her smiling lips. He exclaimed, "I'm going to be a father!"

Tanjirou repeated the statement many times over as she watched with amusement and relief. Tanjirou hugged her frame and buried his face deep in her shoulder. "I'm going to be a father," he breathed.

She laughed fondly. As her fingers were drawing soothing circles on his back, she clarified, "You're going to be a father."

Tanjirou clung onto her tighter, afraid of letting her go. He added, "And you're going to be a mother."

Her smile grew even wider. "Yep. I'm going to be a mother."

* * *

"You have to choose, Kamado-kun."

Tanjirou clenched his fist. He can't choose. There's no way he'll choose. 

Tanjirou grabbed Shinobu's hands. His burgundy eyes were pleading for Shinobu to save you. "Can't you save them both?"

Shinobu was ready to break down herself, but she couldn't. She has to stay strong for Tanjirou. She shook her head from one side to another. She wants to save the both of you as well, but fate doesn't allow it.

Tanjirou bit his lip. He asked, "How much time does she have left?"

"Not long. You have to be quick or you'll lose them both."

* * *

Your sleepy eyes drifted towards Tanjirou.

"Hey," said you. The effects of the medicine pumping into your bloodstream left you groggy and sleepy. You tried reaching out to Tanjirou, who immediately took your hand as he sat beside you.

With the best of his efforts, Tanjirou smiled without the tears breaking his wall. "Hey," he replied back.

You gave him a smile. You knew Tanjirou too well. "Something's... wrong, right?"

Tanjirou's lips quivered. He couldn't bear to lose you. He can't live not seeing your smile again. Truthfully, he answered, "Yeah."

"It's okay..." you drew a deep breath, "It's going to be okay." 

Tanjirou kissed your hand. He sobbed quietly, not disturbing the serenity of the room. He whispered, "(Y/N)... I can't choose. I don't want to lose one of you."

You're other hand run through his locks. "Choose her. Choose our daughter, Tanjirou. For me, choose her."

You assured Tanjirou, "Everything's going to be alright. I believe in you."

Tanjirou cried. You even made the decision for him. He felt helpless. He couldn't do anything for you both. Everything was alright until now. You never missed any appointments, so what went down this time?

Tanjirou rose leaned to your face, giving you a gentle kiss. A kiss that is worth millions. The last kiss that Tanjirou will cherish forever.

"I love you so much."

"I love you very much as well."

* * *

"Oto-san?"

"Hm, yes?"

(E/C) eyes looked up in wonder to Tanjirou. The little girl asked,  "Why do I have the same name as Oka-san?"

"Because just like her, you're my everything."

Tanjirou crouched down and kissed the tomb with your name engraved on it. He turned towards your and his daughter and gave her a gentle smile. "Let's go. You better behave in school."

"I will!" Tanjirou laughed along with his daughter.

As walked past the cemetery, Tanjirou looked up in the sky. We will be happy. We're going to be fine.