Overprotective | Kamado Tanjirou

Tanjirou x Pillar! Reader oneshot from GabbifiedKNYBareBear 

Thank you for the support and feedback. It inspires me to continue writing!

~~~~~

MANGA

SPOILERS

AHEAD!

~~~~~

"Your silence will not protect you."

~~~~~

You flinched.

You gulped the lump in your throat when you saw the chopsticks in Muichirou's hand broke. You knew he will react this way since he's your older brother. Muichirou is a passive person but when it comes to the people important to him, he'll just... Flip out.

"That guy?" Muichirou asked. You sensed the dark atmosphere around him engulfing the whole dining room. Heck, it might be the whole Tokitou Estate.

You commented, "You actually remember him."

"I don't care. What part of him that made you like him anyways? I don't approve of you two."

Your heart sank at those disencouraging words. You expected Muichirou to be fine and chill with you and Tanjirou being together. But, no. Your older brother really has to disapprove. Big brothers suck.

If Yuichirou was here, would he approve of the two of us?

You flinched once again. You can imagine just so vividly the scene of Yuichirou's terrifying face all red as he bursted all of the heart-stabbing words into your ears. Okay, I don't think so.

You finished up your meal. You protested, "He's very kind, Nii-san. Strong too. I've gone to several joint missions with him already..." You smiled at the memory of his warm smile.

"(Y/N). Stop dozing off. You're making me puke here," spat Muichirou. Your smiling face was gone and was replaced by a frown.
"You just don't know the feeling of liking someone, Nii-san. Don't worry. Someone might like you if you're not that intimidating."

With a huff, you stood up. You went for the door.

"Hey! I'm your older brother, (Y/N). We're not done yet."

"Only by a few minutes! Blegh!"

* * *

You mumbled, "Geez. He doesn't need to be overprotective." You snuggled deeper in your futon, almost covering your face.

A smile came on your lips at the memory of Tanjirou asking you out.

"T-there's something I want to tell you for a while now, (Y/N)-chan..."

You turned around as you sheathe your blade back to its scabbard. You looked at Tanjirou with curiosity and confusion. Tanjirou stuttering is very unusual yet amusing. Nonetheless, it's very rare for Tanjirou to stumble over his words.

"What is it?"

Tanjirou gulped. He closed his eyes shut and exclaimed, "I really like you, (Y/N)-chan! Please go out with me."