Revival | Rengoku Kyojuro

MANGA
SPOILERS

LONG
ONESHOT

~~~~~

"My sun sets to rise again."
—Robert Browning

~~~~~

Such fleeting memories.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

The promised ring that symbolized the eternal bond and love of two beloved glinted on their ring fingers.

"Will you stay by my side forever?"

"Yes!"

 The cheers of congratulations and felicitations echoed in their ears.

"They finally reached it."

"We wish you all the blessings!"

Despite the constant risk of being killed, they managed to cling onto life; they never choose death. Lady luck was on their side. They were celebrated by the Demon Slayer Corps as the perfect couple. No sole person is against their relationship and no one ever will. Fate tied them together with its red string.

Often than not, Fate is so sadistic it decided to play with their destinies.

"You're not strong enough," Akaza whispered in her ear.

An ear-piercing scream echoed throughout the field; one that sent shivers down the Flame Pillar's spine. Tanjirou's eyes widen in horror. Crimson blood splattered mercilessly across the grass. 

"(Y/N)!" Her vision was darkening at a rapid rate. She forced herself to stay awake despite the pain. The stinging and searing pain spreading in her head like wildfire. She could feel her brain burning, as if someone set a fire in it and her fluids were nothing but gasoline. It continued to deflagrate her nerves. The burning sensation is enough to make her body weak.

Kyojuro brought her trembling body close to him. Blood was streaming down her face to her hands and body. He could hear her tormenting gasps of pain.

"That's what she gets for being weak," said Akaza, an (E/C)-colored eyeball rolling back and forth in his hand.

Kyojuro never felt this angry before. No one had dared to cross the line of his wrath. This is far too much for his kindness and patience to handle. How could someone hurt and berate his fiancee at the same time? 

"K-Kyojuro..." she managed to stutter out. "I-I can't see anything."

He kissed her head in attempt to ease her worries. "It's alright." 

Kyojuro couldn't contain his anger anymore. He can't take the sight of his lover losing her eye. (E/C) eyes that stared back at him compassionately and full of love.

"(L/N)-san..." muttered Tanjirou, helplessly watching from the side. He wanted to move, but the Fire Pillar's warning had him stuck on the ground.

He watched her search for her Nichirin Blade. She was chanting, "Help, Kyojuro," repetitively like a prayer. 

"(L/N)-san!" shouted Tanjirou. She fell down to the ground with a thud. Inosuke immediately went to the Pillar's side. He was so close to her when she was stolen away by someone else.

"Come on, Kyojuro. Pick yourself up," taunt Akaza, holding the unconscious Pillar by the throat. The Fire Pillar was enraged. He gripped his sword, taking a stance. His body was screaming in pain, but he paid no mind. He'll do anything just to bring her to safety.