The Flawless Bloom | Akaza

» TEASER «

Please proceed immediately to the next part.

~~~~~

"I will become stronger than anyone else and protect you for my entire life."
—Akaza, Demon Slayer

~~~~~

Walking in the dead of the night, she hummed a soft melody; her voice filling the eerie silence of the forest. A well-weaven basket slung on her arm, carrying various diversity of flowers.

She looked down at the basket with a contented smile on her lips. Looks like going out tonight to pick some rare blossoms-that are seen easily under the moonlight-paid off.

Her padded feet crunched under the grass, assisting in killing the silence. The moon hid behind the clouds, giving the forest in a darker lighting and atmosphere. Suddenly, a heavy feeling settled in her chest and a pit in her stomach formed. Something bad is going to happen tonight and she is certain.

Her basket full of wild flowers crashed on the ground. The petals losing their beauty as they are stepped on. (E/C) eyes widen at the recognition of a few familiar faces. She was down to the ground; blood trailing down from the side of her cheek and her ankle bruising caused by twisting in an odd direction.

The glint of a katana reflected her terrified eyes. Her throat at its sharp tip.

Fear induced deep within her, she asked, "W-what is wrong?"

The man before her spoke, "Having that flower in your possession is forbidden in our clan! What the hell are you thinking?!"

She immediately knew what was talked about. She refuted, "That's my sole memory left from my father and mother."

"We have no choice but to behead you as a consequence of your foolish actions."

Metal blade glinted high and proud in the air. Her eyelids closed shut. She was ready to face her inevitable death.

The wind only swayed her hair.

She thought her ears had finally stopped functioning. She was wrong. She heard the sound of a katana clanking on the dirt followed by others unsheathing their own.

At the moment she decided to open her eyes, her vision was stained with red-the blood of the people she used to call her friends. Their bodies falling to the ground with a thud after suffering an agonizing pain. Her eyes were wide in horror at their unrecognizable deformed bodies. Their heads were crushed and the warm red liquid splattered on her figure.

A figure blocked her vision with a hand reaching out to her.

She focused her eyes on the man before her.

She was convinced this man wasn't human. His overwhelming strength that overtake the assassins of her clan is definitely beyond human capabilities. His outward appearance can also be inferred as inhuman.

She knew of one thing: the lines that decorated his body titled him as a criminal. She was aware of that.

She knew of all these facts yet she took his lending hand as a gesture of gratitude.

As soon as she regained her balance, she fell into his arms, hissing in pain. She had completely forgotten about her twisted ankle. She gripped onto him tightly as her face scrunched up in a grimace.

Not a word was spoken between them. She was brought down to sit on a rock. The unknown man looked around.

She appreciated his concern for her well-being. She took the silence as an opportunity to introduce herself. "I'm (L/N) (Y/N). What's yours?"

The man looked at her, his stare intense. It made her nervous, but she held her composure. She just noticed the Kanji characters encrypted in his yellow eyes. Upper Three. It read. She smiled. I see.

He spoke curtly, "Akaza."

She gave him a warm smile of gratefulness. "Thank you for saving me, Akaza-san."

~~~~~

:'>