Flustered AF | Shinazugawa Genya

Genya x reader from Riley_Melon 
Thank you for requesting!

~~~~~

"Just thinking about you brings a smile to face, a twinkle to my eye, and a skipped beat to my heart."
—Ash Sweeney

~~~~~

She looked at me.

Genya immediately looked away after seeing your (E/C) orbs connecting with his. His cheeks burned red as he tried his best to look interested with the swaying grass in the garden of the Butterfly Estate. 

"Shinobu's garden is always filled with butterflies."

Genya visibly flinched at the sound of your voice beside him. He lowered his gaze to take a peek—that ended up with staring—at you. He was stunned at how beautiful you looked. Your eyes held passion and fondness in them. It was so pure, very inverse of how the world with demons was now. Your small smile that showed amusement and awe made his heart skip a beat. 

"Does your chest hurt?"

His face exploded in red once he realized you were holding his hand that was on his chest (When did that hand landed on his chest?). You asked again, "Should we ask Shinobu to check up on you?"

"N-no! I'm f-fine..." That's a very nice way of embarrassing yourself in front of someone you like. Genya thought. Ah, shit.

A giggle escaped your lips. Genya found it cute and wanted to hear more often. If he finally had the confidence to ask you out, then maybe he can make you a giggling mess.

He couldn't take the rapid beating of his heart and how embarrassed he was in front of you. He squeaked, "I-I need to go back to the Himejima Estate! B-bye!"

As a flustered mess, Genya left the Butterfly Estate, mentally cursing and killing himself many times over at the disaster he made in front of you.

Another laugh emitted from you. "How cute..."

* * *

"Why is this happening to me?" Genya muttered to himself. He looked everywhere but you. He never expected himself to be with you tonight on a joint mission. Something fishy is happening here. Thought Genya.

"It's best if we stop over the town for the night," you suggested, pointing towards a nearby village. Genya stopped walking, taking a quick scan of the town.

He can't help but stop and stare at you. You look dazzling underneath the shade of the leaves that the tall trees of the forest is providing you. The rays of sun that managed to pass through the leaves made you sparkle in his sight. Your mesmerizing (E/C) eyes glinting with innocence. Your smile is gone, but it didn't make you less attractive for him. Nope. You are always attractive in his eyes. No matter what.

"Uh, Genya-san?"

"R-right! We can continue tomorrow." Genya's cheeks burned in his own embarrassment. He wants to dig a hole to escape this awkwardness.

You gave him a smile. His heart became a pro gymnast in that moment. You said, "Great!"

You started to skip towards the town, exposing yourself in the sun. Genya smiled at the innocence that radiates from you. Noticing something, he suddenly frowned.

"Uh, (Y/N)-san?"

You stopped. Genya finally caught up with you. He scratched his nape before sheepishly saying, "Just call me Genya."

You took one of his hands and started to run for the village. Genya became flustered as he almost tripped over air. Looking from your shoulder, you said with a smile, "Well, Genya. You can just call me (Y/N) too!"

* * *

"Do you have somewhere to go, Genya?"

Genya's cheeks flushed in embarrassment. He looked down and saw her you looking up at him, batting your eyelashes at him. He liked the way how his name rolled from your tongue. Oh lord. He's becoming a creep each second passing.

"Nothing, really."

"Great! Can you go with me at the shops? I need to find some medicine for Shinobu-san to work on."

A long silence filled the room. As much as Genya wants to deny—he needs his rest after all—he nodded, cheeks red.

You were worried for a second. But, after receiving his answer, you clapped merrily.

So, you dragged a flustered Genya out of the inn and into the streets.

"This one will be half! Just for you!" offered the vendor, feasting his eyes as you ponder carefully if the medicinal hern is worth it.

Genya was glaring daggers at the vendor. He obviously can tell the man is stripping you from your clothes in his eyes. The man already died a thousand deaths in Genya's mind. That is no way to treat a lady! Especially someone like you!

"What do you think?" asked the vendor, a bead of sweat sliding down the side of his face. He can feel Genya's death glare from beside you. He was trying his best not to look at him. He might melt at the moment he made eye contact with an angry, tall man.

"What do you think?" you asked, oblivious of the invisible tension between the two. Genya took your hand and dragged you away, saying, "There should be better goods."

"But, that one looked useful."

"No, it's not."

You were a whining mess behind him. Upon realizing that he was holding your hand, he quickly pulled it back. He apologized then admitted, "I don't like how the man looks at you."

"Oh."

A small giggle escaped your lips. Genya became confused at your reaction. You said, "You're too precious."

His whole face exploded in red at your compliment. That was definitely out of the blue, totally random. 

You skipped a step forward. You turned back to give him a smile that killed his heart. "Thanks for that. I just realized something," you paused. "Let's spend more time together, okay?"

How can he decline? "S-sure."

"You're too adorable!"

"W-where's that coming from?!"