Change Everything [3/3] | K. Tanjirou

"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living—no matter how devastating the blows."
—Kamado Tanjirou, Demon Slayer

~~~~~

____________________________________

Inosuke,

I hope your injury is alright! I believe no matter what happened you'll be a rowdy and loud Inosuke I'll never forget. You're very strong to the point a simple wound like that is nothing to you. You're the great almighty Inosuke after all.

Don't be too much of a burden to Tanjirou and Zenitsu. Give them a break from time to time, will you?

I really love how idiotic you are. It brightens everyone's mood.

Please remain like that. Always.

____________________________________

Zenitsu,

Thank you for everything.

I'm very sorry I couldn't return your feelings for me. I already have someone in my heart.

I read your love letter. It's so cheesy and cute.

Thank you for the flowers you gave me when I was a crying mess. I love how you're making an embarrassment of yourself just to make me happy.

I'm glad I met someone like you. I hope you find someone better than me.

____________________________________

"DON'T GO!"

She flinched. She gripped on the hem of her skirt, as tight as she was allowed to. Her vision blurred as the tears started escaped her eyes.

She wants to turn around.

Tanjirou said, "Let me see your face. One last...time."

The crack in Tanjirou's voice made her gulped. She looked up at the beautiful color of the sky in dawn. A small smile managed to find its place on her lips as she reminisce her morning moments with the three.

She unveiled herself from hiding behind a large trunk of a tree. She saw how he was barely holding himself together.

Her focus was on Tanjirou. She said, "Ne, Tanjirou."

Tanjirou waited for her next words.

"Forget about me, okay? Live your life. Love someone and have a child."

Looking down on his feet, Tanjirou clenched his fist. "You're selfish. You're very selfish."

"I know."

Her hands entered his view as they hold his hands with feather-like sensation burning into him. Her touches are always comforting and calming, no matter what the situation is. This moment is not an exception.

"You're my first and last love, (Y/N)."

She brought her hands up and wrapped her arms around his figure. She whispered, "I love you, Tanjirou."

He hugged the air that was supposed to be her body.

____________________________________

Tanjirou,

If only I was alive, I will marry you.

I love you and goodbye.

____________________________________