So Unfair | Shinazugawa Sanemi

I'm still thinking if I should publish that Haikyuu!! oneshot book. Should I?
Sorry for the lack of updates! I love you all.

Edit (05/13/2020):
It has been published! Go check it out!

~~~~~

MANGA

SPOILERS

AHEAD

~~~~~

"There are things people can't accept, even if they do understand them."
—Athrun Zala, Mobile Suit Gundam SEED

~~~~~

Sanemi had always been watching from afar.

He wanted to change. He wanted to transform into a better person that suits and meets your standards.

Watching you smile from afar is enough for him to be satisfied. The mere fact of knowing you were happy with others was enough for him to be assured.

Despite all the efforts of being distant with you, Sanemi couldn't help but wish he could be closer to you; to take upon the role of your significant other.

His chances were slim. He only needs the opportunities to be closer.

"I don't think you're scary."

He inclined his head at your direction. You were burying your nose deep in your scarf. He noted it was your favorite one. He had always seen you with it during the stinging cold air of winter. Your face flushed from the cold.

He never spoke a sole word at your sudden statement.

Your eyes drifted over to him.

Your lips curl up to a warm smile; a warm smile that melts away all his insecurities. An inconspicuous blush invaded his cheeks.

You didn't give him a chance to ask the purpose of your sudden words. You broke your eye contact and stared into the snow-filled sky.

"I think people who put up a tough act has it worst. They hide all the hurt underneath their fierce facade. Deep down, they are the most dedicated and passionate people. They are willing to sacrifice everything for their loved ones."

Sanemi was quiet. You words hit bullseye after all.

"I like to know you better, Shinazugawa-san." His eyes turned away from yours. Your sincerity was making his heart race. Your gentle voice that blends in the tranquility of the scene left beautiful melodies in his ears.

"Sanemi," he spoke.

"Then, just call me (Y/N), Sanemi."

You stared back at Sanemi with your half-lidded eyes. Your eyes were cloudy and dazed. Sanemi crouched before you as your beaten body leaned against the cracked cement.

His hand was shaking in grief and denial.

Gently, he brushed a stray strand of your (H/C) hair from your face. A full view of your blood-stained face welcomed his sight. His breath was trembling.

Not wanting to bring you any pain, he brought your barely-working body close to him. He whispered, "Why won't you accept any treatment?"

You struggled to bring your hand up to his hair. Upon noticing this, Sanemi took his hand in yours. A weak smile was present on your lips. He cursed, "Damn it, (Y/N)!"

Tears blurred his vision. The pain of his mourning heart drowned out all the seething pain of his injuries. His chest was tightening at your dying state. He pleaded, "Come on. You still have a life ahead of you."

You rejected his offer with a shake of your head.

"Fuck..." he muttered. Sanemi hugged your body with tender hold. He was silently crying. He couldn't let the victorious cheers get interrupted. You were a peaceful person. You were happy to die alone until Sanemi came to you with haste and desperation.

He sobbed into your shoulders. All you could do was helplessly watched. You wanted to apologize for burdening him with this kind of emotion.

"I love you. I love you, (Y/N)," he said through his muffled sobs.

Breathless, you replied, "I know."

Sanemi had no room for surprise. He wept into your shoulders. He knew confessing to you like this was not going to heal you back to shape. He knew confessing to you won't requite his feelings for you. You couldn't.

In the beginning, you belong to Rengoku.

Sanemi was satisfied with watching you smile for Rengoku. He was happy to see you in bliss with Rengoku. He can't be comparable to Rengoku. He was satisfied to stand on the sidelines, distant from you.

He was thankful at your efforts to honor his existence and his love for you.

With one last breath, you spoke, "I'm... sorry."

At the conclusion of Muzan's death, (L/N) (Y/N) was one of the many brave Demon Slayers who fought and died an honorable death.