𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝒆𝓻 𝟐

Giving birth, from the dawn of humanity women give birth to children, in tears and suffering until deliverance. To give life...the mother of this baby had literally given hers to allow her child to live. The young woman watched her friend lying on her bed with her child on her stomach, and she could not hold back her tears when she pressed her index finger into her friend's neck and felt no pulse.

She was not breathing, it was over... and the baby continued to drink from his mother's breast, unaware of the current state of things. She didn't have the heart to tear off her mother's child right away, she couldn't... yet she had to decide to act. This kid needed someone to look after him and this person certainly couldn't be his father...Brendol Hux? How could a monster like him have created such a wonder?

The baby wiggled gently against his mother's breast as her skin turned slightly blue. Now we had to act quickly, he couldn't stay here. She gently stroked the child's back so that he would let go of his mother's womb and when she did, she took him in her arms and wrapped him in a clean sheet so that he would no longer be cold. She cradled him slowly, whispering reassuring words to him, while taking care to remove his mother's body from his field of vision.

Tears kept flowing down her cheeks as she wondered how to tell General Hux about it all...the birth of an illegitimate boy and the death of his mother. She had worked at the Academy long enough to know that Brendol Hux was not a caring person. He would certainly not take the child with him to take care of him. She looked down at this tiny little being, pale as the moon and wearing little red hair. She smiled at this adorable vision of the little boy yawning and gently stretching his thin arms.

- What are we going to do with you, little one? she whispered in a voice that was both soft and strangled by tears.

For any answer the infant extended his hand to grab a piece of clothing from the woman who was carrying him in his arms. A tender smile had drawn on her face and then she bent down to gently kiss her little protege's forehead.

In a completely different building of the Academy Brendol Hux listened to his wife read, on her datapad, the latest news of the destruction of the Death Star. He had sat in a huge red armchair, a glass of Alderaan red wine between his fingers, which he played at rocking to make the drink turn inside the glass. In truth, he was only listening with one ear, his thoughts were turned towards the words exchanged a few hours earlier with this servant.

He didn't really know how to manage this possible birth and therefore this hypothetical new responsibility...that of becoming a father. His wife had noticed that he seemed distracted... so she stopped reading to observe her husband, she placed the datapad on his lap and one of his hands on Brendol's thigh.

-You seem to be elsewhere, my dear... she noted as she gently brushed her husband's pants with her fingertips

- It's just that I still have trouble realizing that our supreme weapon could have been destroyed by these terrorists.

Brendol Hux had an innate gift for lies. Of course his wife was not aware that her husband had been unfaithful to her more than once, and so her explanation seemed true to her. With a tender gesture she gently touched her man's cheek, breathing a deep sigh of despair.

- Everything will be fine, the Empire will rise even stronger and we will have our revenge.

For any answer he nodded briefly and finished his glass of wine before getting up from his chair, at the same time knocks were heard against the door. Who dared to disturb the Hux so late? Eeren then walked towards the door with a graceful step to find out the identity of this visitor. When she opened the door, the light from their apartment lit up the face of a woman, a servant without a shadow of a doubt. However, Eeren was surprised to discover a very young child sleeping in the palm of her arms. Her eyebrows frowned as she looked at the woman and then the child, whose hair was as red as Brendol's.

- What brings you before me? she asked in a tone of disdain, almost disgust.

- I'm really sorry to bother you at this late hour, Madam... so sorry, I don't know why I'm here... she stammered, eyes down and arms shaking.

- I'll rephrase my question. What are you doing in front of my house with a baby in your arms? asked Eeren in a more authoritative voice.

- This child is the son of Brendol Hux.

When Eeren heard these words, she was mortified, unable to move or say a word for long seconds. This child was definitely not theirs. Eeren was unable to give a descendant to her husband, she had been examined by a doctor droid a few months earlier... and yet this boy was there. She immediately knew that her husband had cheated on her, something broke in her heart... she trusted him, she had done everything possible to satisfy her husband but yet it didn't seem to have been enough for her happiness. She clenched her teeth before turning to her husband and said in a cold voice.

- I'll leave it to you, my dear husband.

In rage she rushed the servant to leave this room, to take refuge somewhere far from her unfaithful husband. The woman holding the infant in her arms flinched somewhat and caught up with her on the nearest wall as Brendol approached.

- You fool, what have you done? he cried before slapping the poor woman, who protected the child as best she could. Under the violence of the slap she staggered and began to sob.

- Hit me if you want, but don't hurt the baby... please.

She was resigned to accepting her fate, by her action she probably broke up a family but this child needed a parent to take care of him and she clearly couldn't provide for the child's primary needs. Entrusting him to Brendol was the worst thing to do and yet we had to avoid it, there was no other way.

- I'm sorry, sir... I know I acted without thinking, but this baby needs a family. His mother died giving birth to him... you're the only one who can help him.

Brendol slowly approached the servant, who closed her eyes because she was expecting to receive a new slap. Instead he grabbed the child wrapped in his sheet to take him in his arms and observe him, with as much tenderness as if it were an invoice and declared.

- After all, this boy may be useful someday.