𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝒆𝓻 𝟐𝟔

Armitage was relieved to be able to spend time away from his father. He was in charge of showing the Finalizer to the young Force user, who hadn't picked up a word since the visit began. He was curious, but his look seemed to indicate that he wasn't really there.

- Is everything okay? Asked Armitage, worried that he didn't hear the sound of his voice. He didn't know if it was a bad sign for him... After all he was Snoke's apprentice, it was far from reassuring. He had heard terrifying rumors about the Supreme Leader and his mystical powers. Did his apprentice have those powers too?

- It doesn't matter. Let's continue.

It was an evasive and unconvincing answer. He was obviously uncomfortable here. As Armitage wondered if he had done something wrong, the young boy's deep voice mumbled:

- No, this has nothing to do with you. Can you stop thinking so loudly?

- Excuse me?

The young Ben breathed a deep sigh of weariness before declaring, looking into the void:

- In case you haven't understood it, I have gifts, things beyond your comprehension : I can read your mind without having to concentrate.

- Excuse me. He replied coldly before adding in a sarcastic tone: I'll try not to think too hard.

- I advise you to change your tone, Armitage Hux.

He answered nothing. There's no need to make things worse. He had a mission, and he was going to accomplish it. It was simple: walk the long corridors of the cruiser indicating the main function of each room, give him indications as to the usefulness of this or that thing, and finally lead him to his cabin.

- It's almost time to eat. I suggest we go to the cafeteria, and then finish the tour.

- As you wish, you're the guide, right?

Armitage raised his eyes, the remarks of his guest were very boring. He still did not know how long he would endure it, his patience was legendary but so was his impulsiveness. He motioned for him to follow him and the two of them went to the cafeteria. Hux told him where the trays and the various utensils for eating were. They slid their trays in front of the droid serving the meal. The droid placed two protein bars on each plate, along with two bottles of mineral water. Then they sat opposite each other at one of the officer's tables.

- Is that all you eat? He asked, astonished.

- Yes. These are the standard rations, they provide an optimal daily intake. You're lucky you'll never have to taste the soldiers' rations... They're far worse than ours.

- And that's enough for you? Don't you ever get hungry afterwards? he asked, not really convinced by young Hux's arguments.

- Never. This kind of food is very rich, you'll see.

With a disgusted look on his face, the young man grabbed the first bar of food from the package. He sniffed it, frowned, and planted his teeth to pull out a tiny piece. Armitage had been watching the young man with the black curls all along. When he realized that the young man had finished chewing his food:

- It's better than I expected... he said, shrugging his shoulders, before taking a sip of water. The bottom of his face tensed slightly.

- There are additives in the water, they strengthen our anti-bodies, to prevent diseases. Explained Armitage, who had noticed the disgusted expression on the boy's face.

- It's horrible... How do you drink that?

- I guess it's a question of habit. You'll soon get used to it.