𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝒆𝓻 𝟗

4 years After the Battle of Yavin

Several days had passed since the discovery of this unauthorized transmission and the rebel infiltrator had been arrested, interrogated and finally executed for example. It was not known if his message had reached its intended recipient, but it was still true that it had been sent somewhere. The mystery remained intact.

With Sloane's mission completed, she was able to return to her star cruiser, accompanied by many of the academy's graduates, hired to work on Death Star board; pilots, stormtrooper and technicians. The routine could resume.

Far from all these concerns, Jaessa and Armitage were going about their common business. The boy worked hard to get good results and make his  father and mother proud. The young girl looked after their new four-legged resident and took care of the good condition of their apartment while her son was away. The latter was absent more and more and this was far from making this young mother happy, she wanted him to succeed of course but selfishly she would have liked so much to keep her child with her forever.

Unfortunately it was impossible, she knew it... because the older he grew up, the less chance she would have to spend time with him. She was very saddened by this inevitable prospect, and as she gently lowered her head she felt a gentle caress on her chin.

The fluffy tail of the little cat had just touched her skin, she gave her a tender smile before taking her in her arms to cuddle her for a few minutes. This little kitten acted on her mood and made her more serene, so with a little company the absence of Armitage was easier to manage.

Both had managed to agree on the name of this kitten, she would be called Milicent. This name had been chosen a little by chance, it was easy to find a diminutive for her and the little boy soon named her Milie. Jaessa had never been so fulfilled. The less cheerful part of the story was of course that the existence of this creature should remain secret, Brendol would never tolerate it.

- Nana! Nana! The little red head boy shouted as the door slid in front of him.

The girl then straightened up, putting the cat on the ground to go and find her son. Armitage jumped to ask to come into her arms, of course she quickly accessed his desires and grabbed him from under hid armpits to lift him up to her and snuggle him against the top of her body. She was overjoyed.

- How I missed you, big boy! She replied, covering her cheeks with tender kisses. She cuddled him very gently until the little one noticed the presence of the cat and started to get agitated in his mother's arms.

- Millie ! The child exclaimed with a full smile.

The young woman couldn't compete with the cute little pussy, so she reluctantly broke up with her little boy and put him next to her new friend. They played together for long minutes, a complicity had quickly developed between the two... It was really touching to watch.

_______________________________________

- What, how is that possible?! Shout Brendol through her holocommunicator.

He was on the line with Admiral Galius Rax. The latter had his face closed and slightly tense. He didn't like the tone Hux used. His fists clenched as he responded in a cold voice.

- Your screaming won't change the situation, Hux. The emperor is dead, that's a fact. Now the question is: how are we going to manage the Empire? And I'll to be able to answer that question.

- I would like to know how. Hux replied in an annoyed voice.

- If you were more patient you'll already know that. It so happens that the emperor had foreseen this eventuality, even if it was the scenario he wanted to avoid. To continue his work he had a plan. I'll talk to you face to face, we can't risk a leak in these dark hours.

- You've already said too much, Admiral....

- What about this rebel transmission...were you able to find out if it had been intercepted? Questioned Rax, to change the subject.

- It was.... But we couldn't track the signal.

- It's unfortunate, your academy is compromised Hux it's undeniable. You must leave this planet before it is too late.

-Your concerns are alarmist, Admiral... The Rebels will never dare attack this academy!

It was too much for Rax, Hux's complacency was unbearable to him. He then raised his voice to reply:

- They dared to attack the death star and managed to destroy it! I'm sure their next target will be Arkanis. I'll send someone to ensure your extraction. Expect to receive him in a rotation. End of transmission.

The blue light of holocommunication was cut off, plunging the room into darkness. Hux screamed in rage and waltzed everything, all the stuff on his desk fell to the ground. There was no way the admiral would force him to leave the academy. Here he had accomplished so much, it was his whole life. He didn't want to leave until he was sure the Rebels were planning an attack.