𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝒆𝓻 𝟏𝟐

The galaxy was magnificent, a dark background dotted with sparkling stars, nebulae with impressive bright colours. It was this kind of view that was parading before Armitage Hux's eyes now, several weeks had already passed since they fled Arkanis. Life seemed to have a bitter taste for the young boy. His mother's absence was a wound that was getting infected in his heart every day. He had no taste for anything, spoke little and his laughter never echoed in the corridors of the immense interstellar cruiser, the Ravager.

Inside Admiral Rax's cruiser he was the only child of his age and therefore he had no one to keep him company. He also cried, very often when he thought of his mother, about the tragic circumstances in which he had lost her. If only she hadn't gone back to the academy, none of this would have happened, he thought. His mother would always be with him to reassure him, pamper him and sing him a lullaby in the evening. But things had changed and now Armitage had to settle for this austere and strict life.

The little boy had not been accustomed to his environment being so agitated, indeed the cruiser housed many people: cadets, officers, senior officers, technicians and other slaves. He had not been prepared to be around so many people. That was why he spent most of his time locked in his room, moping in his grief. He had spent several days without eating, without moving from his bed, until his father finally realized that his son had disappeared from circulation and brought him out of his lethargy. Fortunately, his best friend was at his side, as she had always been for several months. He had succeeded in hiding Milicent from his father for the time being, and he was wondering what would happen if he found out about her.

He didn't dare think about it. He had already lost his mother, there was no way he was abandoning his only friend. Only she could comfort him when he was in trouble, all she had to do was snuggle up against his master so that he could instantly regain a semblance of a smile. He plunged his face into the hollow of Millie's downy, orange belly, closing his eyes, rocked by his purring.

He was taking a lot of risks by keeping this companion with him. Already it had been necessary to find a box for her natural needs, and bring it back to his room without being caught by Hux. Then food and water, every day after eating his lunch he would sneak into the kitchens to bring Millie some food. This was his daily mission and he was rather proud to carry it out without being noticed: he felt like an invisible little spy.

The presence of this animal eased his pain a little, but sometimes revived it.... Because it was him and Jaessa who had taken care of Millie, he had very vivid memories of her. Even now he still had the feeling that all this was just a huge staging, a joke not very funny, and that his mother would reappear one morning... Leaning over her bed to wake her boy. This little boy hoped, with each awakening, to find Jaessa close by and to rediscover the tenderness of his kisses on his skin. But every morning, hope gave way to disillusionment and grief.

He was comforted by Milicent's side, she was the only one who was there for him. His father only took care of him to check if he was missing anything. But soon these few minutes a day were too long for Hux and he assigned a protocol droid to watch his son.

The TDL droid, otherwise known as "Nanny", was now assigned to the young boy's cabin. It had a humanoid appearance, silvery in colour and was 1.90 metres tall. Her face was made of smooth materials, her eyes looked soft and her smile soothing. It had four arms, two of which were retractable. Their texture was similar to human skin. She had platinum armor and two light blasters hidden in her arms to ensure the child's safety.

TDL droids had long been sold to politicians, businessmen, smugglers and military personnel too busy with their responsibilities to spend time with their children. This was precisely the case with Brendol Hux who clearly had no time to waste with his son. The contact with this nanny had not been easy, Armitage needed Jaessa and not a sentimental scrap metal replacement.