𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝒆𝓻 𝟐𝟖

During the weeks that followed Armitage carefully avoided meeting Snoke's apprentice. He feared that he might come face to face with him after having cowardly let him down.

But it seemed that Ben was no more affected by what had happened. He didn't try to get in touch with Hux. Maybe he was holed up in his quarters, or maybe he wasn't on the Finalizer. This was still a possibility as he hadn't seen him in the halls for a long time.

Anyway, Armitage clearly wasn't going to wait for him to come back. He was trying to convince himself that he didn't give a damn about his absence. But the reality was quite different. He wondered what part of the galaxy he might be in. But that fleeting thought quickly evaporated when he received Phasma's telescopic blade right in his abdomen. He fell backwards, his back completely spread out on the gleaming floor of the training room.

He held the palm of his hand at the point of impact and struggled to straighten up with a grimace:

- I was distracted. He confessed, grumbling.

- Fortunately I am not your enemy ... It would have only taken me a second longer to finish you off.

- Thank you, Phasma... I appreciate your candor.

Armitage thought he heard a chuckle from behind his opponent's chrome helmet. It was the only way she could relax in his presence. She trusted him.

- Come to your senses and let's get on with it if you don't mind.

The young Hux nodded and moved into combat position. Phasma did the same, his shiny blade protecting his body. He had to clear his mind. Thinking of Ben made him ineffective. He took a deep breath to focus. In order to be on equal terms with the young woman, he held a deactivated electrostatic baton in his hands.

Phasma uttered a war cry for strength and ran into Armitage. His blade vibrated a few centimeters from his face, he dodged it quickly before taking advantage of his advantage. He struck the soldier's ribs with a precise stick and took a step back to ward off his next attack. It came quickly. He placed his stick in front of him so that his blade could strike against it. They continued the sequences for long minutes. Despite their hard physical training, their breathing became more and more erratic with each blow.

Phasma took advantage of a flaw in his opponent's defense to slide his blade behind his legs. Armitage fell again, his butt cushioned the fall. But that didn't stop him from raging in pain. He stood up again, helped by his partner's friendly hand. Once upright, the two of them agreed to take a short break. Together they put their weapons on the ground. They took a few steps and sat down on a bench.

Armitage blew a good blow to recover from his emotions. He grabbed his bottle of water, and threw Phasma's bottle to catch it on the fly. He drank long sips, his eyelids closed as if to better savor this simple beverage. The liquid glided down his throat, cooling his body, warmed by the effort. Meanwhile, Phasma carefully removed his helmet and put it down nearby. Her armor was part of her, her helmet was inseparable from its owner. Hux knew that he was the only one, apart from his father, who had ever seen him without this.

Phasma was a huge woman, standing a few centimetres above the young Force user. Armitage forced himself to put the young man's vision out of his mind. He was never going to leave him alone! The young Parnassian's hair was short, pale blond. Her large almond-shaped eyes were slightly drooping, as clear blue as a cloudless sky. Her build was sculpted by years of climbing her native cliffs. His muscular arms would give many soldiers of the First Order a complex. Next to her Armitage stood ridiculously slender.

Her face was dripping with sweat, she grabbed a towel to wipe off her shiny skin. Armitage imitated her by gently tapping the cloth on her delicate skin. Phasma took a sip of water before standing up, putting her helmet back on and declaring in an enthusiastic voice :