𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝒆𝓻 𝟏𝟓

The Amiral Rae Sloane had just boarded the ship, the same one in which the Hux family was located: the Imperialis. She was not injured, but blood mixed with dust covered her immaculate tunic.

The Empire had surrendered today. After the failure of the peace agreements on Chandrilla, a compromise was finally reached. The Amiral had been informed of this as soon as he arrived on the star destroyer.

The holonet had officially disseminated the information. Peace agreements had been signed between the Republic and the Galactic Empire, between Chancellor Mon Motma and Councillor Mas Ammeda, the official figure of the Empire.

However, as she walked the immense cold corridors of the Imperialis, she could see that the battle of Jakku was far from over. His glorious Empire will never cease to fight, even if there were now only a handful of brave men and women left to face the eternal enemy.

From today on, she was in charge of the Empire. Gallius Rax was dead. She had shot him in cold blood for her own survival, but also out of conviction. It was because of him that the Chandrila agreements had not been concluded a few weeks earlier. Indeed, while Sloane was on the planet to try to negotiate a return to calm, Rax had taken the opportunity to attack the planet...

Sabotaging the whole operation, destroying the trust the Admiral had in him. And worse still, the attack had been fomented to kill her at the same time as their enemies. Rax was smart. She was convinced of it.

She had destroyed it's only obstacle to power on the planet Jakku, the very planet that had seen Gallius born many years earlier.

She pushed the cockpit door. Immersed his hand in his pocket to take out an electronic card. She slipped it into the slot and a long series of small beeps were heard. While waiting for the on-board computer to calculate the trajectory, it fixed the horizon through the central window. Through the holocommunicator she heard voices. Some were desperate:

- We're going to crash to the surface, our escape pods are down! If anyone hears us, come and help us!

Others, panicked:

- Help me, please, don't let us die!

And others, faced death with dignity:

- I would sink with my ship. It was an honor to serve the Empire.

The Admiral could not remain marbled in the face of such a massacre. She saw in front of her the steel monsters burning, the steel battleships tearing themselves apart and finally diving into the atmosphere of the sandy planet; taking with them the unfortunate soldiers and officers. The ones Rax didn't think were useful for the future. And Sloane couldn't do anything... If she wanted the remains of the Empire to survive, she had to follow her rival's plan.

No one could see her. No one would ever know that the great admiral Rae Sloane was crying. Salty tears drew trenches on his cheeks. She could not take her eyes off this abominable macabre sight, and the cries for help, the cries of pain tore her heart out. It was his Empire that would die before his eyes, in excruciating suffering.

An audible signal indicated that the calculation of the jump into hyperspace had been completed. Sloane closed her eyes, then sighed deeply to calm herself. She was going to have to give the order to flee, to abandon the imperials. This idea was unbearable to her. When her eyelids opened, she saw two U-Wing bombers heading straight for them. Then, she ordered in a loud voice, doing the best she could to hide her panic:

- We're going into hyperspace. Now!

A whirlwind of stars then surrounded the ship, which rushed through the galaxy at full speed. Towards unknown regions. Rae Sloane vanished from the cockpit to reach her new quarters. Once alone she undressed, threw her blood-covered outfit into the laundry tub and collapsed on her bed.