𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝒆𝓻 𝟕

The exit of Jaessa and Armitage had gone unnoticed and as a result the boy had not received any punishment. Brendol had only sought information about his son's progress in progress. Jaessa was greatly relieved and she intended to repeat the experience as soon as Hux turned his back; she had seen the benefits of this unexpected outing on the child. The fresh air had done him the greatest good, he was more playful than usual and so was she.

But today classes were resuming for the young boy and once again she was alone for several hours. She had adopted a routine: putting her apartments in order while thinking about stories more appropriate to Armitage's age. She was tired of telling him stories of propaganda about the Empire. She did not have the strength to do so, even though she was convinced that this regime, supposedly the saviour of the galaxy, was nothing more than a devious dictatorship forcing cooperation through fear.

But after all, was it better on the other side? The Rebels were constantly living in the terror of being captured and committing terrorist acts at every corner, affecting many innocent civilian victims. When you thought about it, the Empire and these enemies had a lot to blame themselves for... Did freedom require so much collateral damage? She didn't know anything about it... Finally, she was especially reassured to be on the side of the powerful.

At ten o'clock she help in the kitchen for two hours. She took a few minutes to eat and then went back to wait for her little protege in the room. He would not be long now. And indeed the steel door had just slid, revealing a small red being. Jaessa rushed towards him to lift him off the ground, take him in his arms and cover him with tender kisses. She never tired of offering him these testimonies of love and seemed very receptive to it.

- So you did a good job this morning, baby?

- Yes, I can write my first name and almost the whole alphabet too.

- I am really proud of you Armi! congratulated Jaessa in a cheerful voice.

- Do you think Father is proud of me too?

How can we answer this question? Because quite frankly, she didn't know anything about it. Brendol Hux was not the kind of man to share his feelings, his fears; he didn't share anything at all and especially not with Jaessa. To these eyes it was not worth it, he barely listened when he came from time to time to inquire about the evolution of his offspring. She didn't know if the father was proud of his son.

- You know he doesn't talk to me much, but I'm sure he does, even if he doesn't say it.

She tried to reassure him as she could, but we had to face the facts, the bigger he would get, the more questions he would ask himself. He would eventually find that his father was not an ideal role model. As she would have liked this day never to come, she wanted to preserve it from ignorance, from the disdain of its progenitor towards it. And for the moment she was able to do so without too much difficulty. She then decided to change the subject quickly and offered happily.

- Would you like to go back outside? We could go for a walk.

- Yes, Nana, I would like that very much!

- So let's get ready, my little fox!

She bent over to lovingly ruffle his fire hair . The boy then walked away jumping, his heart overflowing with joy and an impatience that was not very contained. He was so happy to be able to enjoy the fresh air with his adopted mother, without worrying about anything else; like an ordinary child. Her joy was communicative, Jaessa had a wide smile on her face as she followed him to his room to help him get dressed if he needed her. She then took care to choose warm clothes, outside it was raining but it doesn't matter. This child needed to go out, to discover his environment was perfectly natural.