𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝒆𝓻 𝟖

It was not every day that the Imperial Academy received a visit from a member of the High Command. And on this occasion the organization had to be perfect. Hux was careful because the slightest false note could lead to dramatic consequences. Not only for itself, but for the reputation of this prestigious academy. It was his work, his greatest pride. It was imperative that everything run perfectly.

He had expressly ordered Jaessa and Armitage to stay in their apartments and not to leave them under any circumstances, it was out of question that his bastard son disturb the inspection of the great Admiral Sloane. The latter was very influential within the high command and could perfectly, if she wanted to, remove her from his position as director of the academy.

He had decided to greet her in person when she arrived. He put his heavy black coat on his shoulders, checked his reflection in the mirror and then when he felt that everything was in order, he set off for the landing platform.

The T-4a class shuttle had just passed through Arkanis' atmosphere. After checking the access codes she obtained permission to land on the B-55 platform. The pilot made the manoeuvre without difficulty and a few seconds later the airlock opened with white smoke, behind which the Grand Admiral was advancing.

Hux greeted her with unfailing respect.

- Great Admiral, welcome to the Imperial Academy of Arkanis. Did your trip go well?

- Absolutely, Director, but I would prefer not to waste time chatting and start inspecting immediately, replied the woman coldly.

- Of course. If you'll follow me, please.

They walked together, closely followed by a handful of stormtroopers to ensure their safety. No words were exchanged until they both entered the building, but once inside Sloane spoke.

- Have you been briefed on the reasons for my visit, Director?

- I was told of a routine inspection and a possible recruitment of pilots and technicians to work on the new death star.

- Very right, but this part of my mission here is very secondary... Sloane replied in a mysterious voice

- What is it in this case?

- According to the Imperial Secrets Services it is very likely that your academy will house one or more Rebel spies, I am here to find them before they reveal the coordinates of this location to the rebel leaders.

- Spies here?! How is that possible? The academy has always been placed under high security! Said Hux, his face red with anger.

- Stop looking at me like that, I'm not the one to blame for this.

- It is quite inconceivable that spies could have infiltrated the academy, Brendol repeated, completely destroyed by this news.

- Do you question the information provided by the secrets services, Hux? Sloane asked, suspicious.

- Not at all, just I have a lot of trouble digesting the news, he admitted clumsily.

In response, she simply continued her march, accompanied by the Director, to her final destination: a classroom in which all the professors and students had been gathered.

Everyone stood at attention as they saw the Grand Admiral and the Director enter the room. Hux spoke in a cold and authoritative voice.

- It is my great honor to introduce you to Grand Admiral Sloane. His presence here was requested by the members of the high command. I count on your full cooperation during her inspection.

- Thank you, Director. I am being sent to your academy to recruit competent people to serve the Emperor on the Death Star. I believe that you would all be proud to be chosen, but before that your Director and I will have to do individual interviews to find out your motivations and judge your skills.

Grand Admiral Rae Sloane deliberately ignored the primary reasons for his visit to Arkanis and this tactic was well thought out. Indeed, it did not want to arouse any suspicion among the traitors and thus act without their knowledge.

Several days had passed during which Hux and Sloane, under the pretext of interviews, interrogated all the school's students and teachers in order to find the traitor and prevent him from doing harm. They had some suspicions about several people but nothing concrete for the moment. Both had the terrible impression of going in circles, and just as they were in a dead end something happened. Something unexpected.

The communicator in Hux's office started beeping several times, signaling an incoming call, he answered. That was Lieutenant Liest, assigned to the control tower.

- Lieutenant, what's going on?

- We intercepted an outgoing communication on terminal 33.12, I'll give it to you right away!

Hux then waited impatiently for the audio recording to start and when he heard the first words his fists clenched under his desk.

*- This is Agent Gold, I'm transmitting Arkanis' contact information. No extraction, I'm afraid I've been spotted, and if not, it will happen soon. It was an honor to serve the rebel alliance. END OF TRANSMISSION*

After the shock of the surprise, Brendol suddenly straightened up from his chair and shouted his orders.

- Find that rebel scum immediately! Send a stormtrooper squad to his last known position and capture him alive!

- Well done, General!

The transmission cut cleanly, plunging the part into semi-darkness, the day was already well advanced. Still standing in front of his desk, Hux had great difficulty getting used to the idea that a traitor could have infiltrated here.

Quickly he was in charge of preventing, by holocommunicator, Grand Admiral Sloane. He was more than eager to question this rebel, he would be happy to execute him after getting what he wanted, making him pay for having the audacity to come to his home.

A.H A Star Wars story (English version)©On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara