Vale

August 12
John POV

I stand in Vale... and I'm in awe. It's amazing. The buildings as tall as the buildings in London, but... much more advanced. I've never seen such technological advancements. And the cultural diversity. Caucasian, and (A.N. Do I just say black or... seriously I don't know, I don't want to offend anyone). Then there's another type of human. People with animal traits. I've heard the locals call them "Faunas". This place is amazing. Yang went to go get ready to go to Beacon. Ruby decided to show me around the city. The first place she showed me was a place called "Tuckson's book trade". We went in and were greeted by a man at the front desk.

Man: Welcome to Tucson's book trade. How can I help you?
Ruby: Just browsing.

The man nods and walks through a door. We browse around for a while, then Ruby finds a book a book about Dust consuming weapons. I notice a book with a paciluar title. "The Great War". Why does that ring a bell? I decide to take a look at the description.

"A world divided because of an assassination in a country oozing with tension. And the allegiances between countries are either upheld or desolated. Young men shipping out thinking they'd come home as heroes. Their town squares erecting statues of them in their honor. But the horrors of war prove that they got more than they bargained for."

Bloody hell. That's where I've heard the name before. The Great War was what we called the whole war. The Western and Eastern fronts. I can't tell if this world knows, or if it's the universes biggest coincidences. I put the book away and follow Ruby out the door and explore the rest of Vale. We got a bit hungry, so we stopped at a small stand called "A simple wok''. We ordered two noodle cups. The next place she showed me was a bar, or "Nightclub" as the people call it here. Apparently she gets free root beers there after her sister came in and wrecked the place a while back. I'd go in and grab the strongest drink they have, but I decided against it for two reasons. One, I'm sixteen, and while I don't know the age requirements here, I'm not really going to risk breaking the rules over it. And two, the mere thought of it reminds me of the flask I used during the war. And that in turn reminded me of the reason I had the Bloody thing in the first place.
The next place we go to is a coffee shop. Ruby grabs a simple coffee with cream and five sugars (Bloody hell). I just get tea (I know that's stereotypical for a Brit like myself, but it's actually really good for you). The last place we go is on the other side of the city. A small Dust shop owned by a man Ruby calls "Mr. Whiley".

It was there that my adventure in Remnant truly began.

Time skip 3 hours

We arrive at the Dust shop that Ruby was talking about. "From Dust till Dawn". Fun name. We walked inside and were greeted by Mr. Whiley. We browsed around for about five minutes. Ruby was listening to music using earmuffs that can generate sound. She was also looking a newspaper type thing about snipers. I was looking at the Dust crystals. Specifically the red ones. I hold up my lucky pendant and then look back at the crystals. So it's true. My pendant is from Remnant. Which begs the question, how did it get to Earth?
Then a group of men walk in. They're all wearing black and red suits and black fedoras. Except for their leader. He's wearing a white overcoat and black boiler hat. He's also holding a cane.
He takes a cigar out of his mouth and speaks to Mr. Whiley.

Leader: Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a Dust shop open this late?

One of the gang members points some sort of gun at Mr. Whiley. Am I witnessing a robbery?

Whiley: Please, just take my Lien and leave!
Leader: Shh, shh, shh. We're not here for your money.

Yup. He looks at one of his men.

Leader: Grab the Dust.

Three men take powdered Dust out of the dispensers. Another tells Mr. Whiley to put the Dust crystals in a small crate. I look the other way and pretend I didn't just witness a robbery. Unfortunately one of the gang members noticed my suttle movement and took out a red sword... these people bring bloody swords to rob a shop. Just let that sink in.

G.M.: Alright, hands in the air!

I raise my hands. I've shot enough people in my life. I don't want to get arrested, either.

Me: Alright, take it easy.

He looks straight at my pendant.

GM: What is that?
Me: My pendant?
GM: Is that Dust crystal?
Me: I mean-
GM: Hand it over!

Hand over my only chance of getting home?

Me: Well the thing about that is-

I'm immediately get cut off by one of the gang member flying halfway across the shop. I look over and see Ruby. There's no way she did that. Then she proves me wrong by tackling a guy out the window. I also take action by doing the same thing. I charge at the guy robbing me and wrap my arms around him. We fly out the window. Now the guy is unconscious, and I'm on my back next to Ruby, who has her scythe out (Bloody hell, that thing is huge). The leader looks out the window at us.

Leader: Ok

He looks towards his men, who seem reluctant to do anything.

Leader: Get them.

The gang members run out the door and towards us. One of them comes at me. He goes for a punch, but I block, then I use my other hand to punch him in the gut three times. Then I uppercut him in the jaw. Guess all that time in the P's and knickers pub helped after all. I feel good about myself, until I look over and see five gang members sprawled on the ground. Then Ruby kicks a sixth in midair. The sixth gang member lands at the leaders feet, who then looks down at his unconscious henchman.

Leader: You were worth every cent. Truly you were.

Then he looks at us.

Leader: Well, kids, I'd say this has been an eventful evening...

He raises his cane and points it at us.

Leader: But I'm afraid this...

The bottom of his cane flips open to reveal that it's hollow.

Leader: is where we part ways.

Then a flaming ball shoots out of the tip of his cane towards us. I managed to to dodge it. But Ruby gets knocked back from the explosion it causes. The leader runs, and I pursue. I chase him up a ladder and onto a roof. Suddenly a gunshot rings out. Then Ruby appears beside me. Did she just use the recoil from her scythe to jump over a building?

Ruby: Hey!

The gang leader stops.

Leader: Persistent.

Suddenly a large flying vehicle appears in front of us. I'd say it's similar to a plane because it can fly, but that's where the similarities end. This thing doesn't have a propeller, it can stay in one spot. It's one of the most technologically advanced vehicles I've seen. The leader hops into it and turns to face us.

Leader: END OF THE LINE, KIDS!

He tosses a red Dust crystal at us. Then he fires his cane again. Just before it hits the crystal, a woman with light blond hair jumps in front. Now, I'm on a completely different planet, and that's shocking enough. But when she somehow changes the shrapnel into a weapon, I start to feel a little light headed. Then she somehow summons storm clouds above the vehicle. Then a woman appears in the vehicle. Strange circles appear around us. The woman and Ruby move, so I also jump out of the way. Beams of fire erupt from the circles. This planet has magic, and they use it to kill each other. I can only imagine what No Mans Land would look like if we had that kind of power.
Then Ruby starts shooting at the woman in the vehicle. I'd stop her, given my experience with shooting people, but then I see the woman is... stopping the bullets with her hands? WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS THIS!? WHAT SORT OF LOOPY WORLD HAVE I ENTERED?! The vehicle flies away. At least that's over with. I turn to the woman who saved us. Ruby is looking at her with stars in her eyes.

Ruby: You're a huntress?

The woman looks at us.

Ruby: Can I have your autograph?!