Allies

Richard POV

I pull the cord on my parachute, releasing it from the backpack it was stuffed in. As I glide towards the forest, I can see three other parachutes. Unlike mine, however, their circular. I'm guessing those would be the others. I look back down to see the leaves grazing my feet. Eventually I'm surrounded by trees and shrubbery. And then my parachute snags on a branch, leaving me to dangle a few feet above the ground.

Me: Aw, not again.

After a few minutes, I eventually undo my chute and fall to the ground. Then I take out the tracker Ozy gave me and the others.

Me: Alright, time to find the others.

Suddenly, about a few meters in front of me, Yang goes flying through the air.

Alex POV

Yang goes flying over my head, and she sounds like she's having fun.

Yang: WOOHOO!!!

I just chuckle and shake my head.
I turn around to go find the others... then immediately bump into John.

Me: Oh, hey John.
John: Sorry, mate.

We get up from the ground and check out our surroundings. We needed get moving to find the temple. We headed North like Ozpin said to do. About an hour passes and John asks me a question that one would ask earlier.

John: So, how did you get here?
Me: I was launched, same as-
John: No, how did you get to Remnant?

So I tell him about the krauts assault in the winter. A battle that Richard called the Battle of the Bulge.

Flashback

Ardennes Forrest
December 25, 1944

I sit in the dugout with my friends Mason and William.

Me: Hell of a Christmas, ain't it?
Mason: Oh, yeah, being trapped here with you guys is so much better than being huddled with my girl by a nice romantic fire.

The Lieutenant walks up to us.

Lt: 6th dugout's out of ammo. Alex, take that box.
Me: Uh, problem, sir.
Lt: What?
Me: That's our only other ammo box.
Lt: What?!
Mason: If Alex takes that box, we're gonna run dry.
Lt: Damnit!

He strokes his chin, trying to figure out what to do.

Lt: Ok, ok. Uhh, how much you got in the box attached to the gun?
Will: Haven't fired a shot yet.
Lt: Alright, um... convoy should be here in about five minutes. 6th dugout's been reporting that more and more krauts have been slipping through the 101st. Take the box them, and you should have bullets to work with in five minutes.
Will: Respectfully, sir, wouldn't it make more sense to wait for the convoy to get here and bring the 6th supplies then?
Me: The 6th is a east dugout. Their facing the enemies direction. They'll need this more then we do.

I get up, take the ammo box, and head toward the 6th dugout. On the way, the chef calls me over.

Chef: Hey, Alex!
Me: Yeah?
Chef: You takin' ammo to the 6th?
Me: Yeah, why?

He hands me two food containers.

Chef: Give 'em these?
Me: Yeah, sure thing.