Grimm reminders

Arthur POV

I watch Jaune get his ass kicked by Cardin with the rest of my team, along with team RWBY and the rest of Jaune's team. You may be wondering why we're just watching him getting beat up and not doing anything about it? Simple, we're in sparring class with Professor Goodwitch.

Cardin lifts his mace above his head to deliver the final blow, only to be stopped by Professor Goodwitch calling the match.

Glynda: Students, as you can see, mister Arc's aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and the official may call the match.

She looks at Jaune.

Glynda: Mister Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Gazing at your aura will let you know if it's time to attack, or engage in a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowulf, now would we?

Cardin mutters something under his breath, then steps off the stage. Professor Goodwitch turns her attention back to the crowd.

Glynda: Remember everyone, the Vital Festival is only two months away. It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms will be arriving in Vale, so keep practicing. Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale.

The bell rings for lunch and we are dismissed.

Time skip

Nora: There we were in the middle of the night-
Ren: It was day.
Nora: We were surrounded by ursai-
Ren: They were beowulves.
Nora: DOZENS OF THEM!!!
Ren: Two of them.
Nora: But in the end, Ren and I took them down made a load of lien selling ursa skin rugs!
Ren: She's been having this recurring dream for over a month now.

Our attention shifts over to Jaune, who is acting a little off. And not in his normal way.

Dick: You okay, man?
Jaune: Who, me? Yeah, why?
Me: It's Just that you look like you've got something eating at you.
Jaune: Guys, I'm fine. Really. Look!

He gives us a non-convincing smile and thumbs up. We hear laughing behind us. We look over and see Cardin and his boys picking on a faunus girl with rabbit ears.

Pyrrha: Jaune, Cardin has been picking on you the first day of school.
Jaune: Cardin Winchester? Nah, he just likes to mess around, y'know? Practical jokes.
Ruby: He's a bully.
Jaune: Oh please. Name one time he's "bullied" me.
Dick: Well, there was that time that he knocked your books out of your arms.
Me: And extended your shield in the doorway.
Alex: And shoved you in your locker and launched you of campus.
Jaune: I didn't land far from the school.
John: Not to mention the time he froze your textbooks in liquid nitrogen and shattered it in front of you.
Jaune: When did that happen?
Alex: He's thinking of Kenny from Home Economics.
Yang: Wait, he actually did that?!
Alex: Oh yeah. He even got away with it and Steve had to pay for new ones.
Dick: You have got to be kidding me.
Alex: Yeah, he's a grade A scum bag.
Dick: No, I meant about the fact that we had textbooks for HE.
Alex: Oh good lord.

We hear a small Yelp from behind us. We look back and see Cardin pulling the ears of that rabbit girl from earlier.

Pyrrha: Atrocious. I can't stand people like him.
Dick: Yeah, you said it.

I feel my hand clench. I'm about to go over and sock Cardin in the face, but Alex stops me and whispers.

Alex: Arthur, no. Believe me, I know that it's hard to let it happen. But it'll only cause trouble, which we don't need.