Aura and Revelation

Pyrrha POV

Jaune and I continue walking north towards our destination, when we hear sounds of combat. It doesn't sound too far off, actually.

Jaune: Ya hear that?
Me: Gunfire. It seems some of our comrades have encountered the enemy.

We continue walking. I move a tree branch out of the way, but when I let go, it hits Jaune in the face and knocks him on the ground. Considering I let go of the branch, I feel somewhat responsible.

Me: Jaune! I'm sorry.

He looks at me and chuckles.

Jaune: Just a scratch.

I'm a bit curious...

Me: Why didn't you activate your aura?
Jaune: huh?
Me: Your aura?
Jaune: Gesundheit.
Me: Jaune, do you... know what aura is?
Jaune: Of course I do. Do you know what aura is?

He has no clue what it is.

Me: Aura is the manifestation of our soul. It bares our burdens and shields our hearts. Have you ever felt like you were being watched without ever knowing that someone was there?
Jaune: Uh, yeah.
Me: With practice, our aura can be our shield. Everyone has one, even animals. Though some weaker than others (A.N. That's called foreshadowing).
Jaune: What about monsters?
Me: No. the monsters we lack soul. They are the creatures of Grimm. The manifestation of anominaty. They are the darkness, and we are the light.
Jaune: Right, that's why we fight them.
Me: It's not about why, it's about knowing. Understanding both dark and light helps manifest our aura. Everyone has some of both. By baring your soul outward as a force, you can deflect harm. All of our tools and equipment are conduits for aura. You project yourself and your soul with fighting.
Jaune: IT'S LIKE A FORCE FIELD!
Me: Yes, if you want to look at it that way.

I walk up to him and put my hand on his face.

Me: Now, close your eyes and concentrate.

Then I recite the ritual that unlocks the aura of others.

Me: For it is impassing that we achieve immortality through this we become a paragon of virtue and glory to rise above all, infinite in distance and unbound by death. I release your soul. And by my shoulder protect thee.

I let go of Jaune and take a moment to catch my breath, as the ritual tends to take strength for a few moments. It concerns Jaune a little.

Jaune: Pyrrha?
Me: It's alright. I used my aura to unlock yours. The energy that protects you now is your own.

I notice that the scratch on his cheek is healed immediately. Something that takes a high concentration of aura to do.

Me: And you have a lot of it.

We continue walking north, when we hear more gunfire. It seems closer than before. And it continues to grow louder. It eventually gets close enough that we can hear the voices that are very likely the source.

Voice: Come on! Move it!
Voice: There's so many! Where the hell did they come from?!

Then two boys come flying out of the bushes. One of them lands on his back and fires his rifle at a pack of Beowulves. I assist them by firing my gun at the same pack. Then the other, a dark skinned boy, fires his machine gun into the pack, finishing them off. Then they take a minute to breathe. Then the one wearing a coat speaks to his friend.